Chapter 15

A/n: Hey everybody! Here's another update for you all. Just a little side note, for the dance scene I envisioned Scorpius and Rose dancing to Anchor by Novo Amor. Anyways, happy reading and don't forget to comment and vote! :)

Ever since the invitations for the Christmas party arrived, the students of Hogwarts had been in a frenzy. It seemed like everyone had been invited what with how common it had become to hear an occasional shriek from yet another girl that had been asked out.

Honestly, it was exhausting.

You would think that the excitement for the party would have died down considering that the news was a week old. But it seemed like the students of Hogwarts had nothing better to do than to cling to the news and create drama.

It was the usual, mind numbingly dull gossip of 'who had asked who out' and whether they were a couple or not.

Merlin help me if I ever become one of those girls.

Even though it seemed like perhaps I was already becoming one of them, morphing into someone who actually cared about being asked out. And I think a certain platinum blonde boy was to blame.

"So, is this where we're going to practice?" I asked Scorpius, as I scanned my surroundings.

Despite how cold it was, we were practicing in the astronomy tower, mostly because it was the only place where we wouldn't disturbed. That and the fact that I was deeply against dancing in the cold, which made Scorpius all the more eager to practice here.

Scorpius took a step forward towards the railings, his wand in his hand, and muttered something under his breath. All of a sudden, I felt the cold air dissipate replaced by a much warmer sensation. A wave of heat cascaded through my body warming every inch of it, almost like I was drinking a cup of hot chocolate on a cold day. I shrugged off my coat, realizing that I no longer needed it. Whatever charm Scorpius had cast around us, was powerful enough that it would keep both of us warm for hours.

Scorpius turned back to me, a triumphant grin on his face. "Yep." He now knew that as it was warm, I had virtually no excuses to get myself out of this.

But the more I thought of it, the more unsure I became. Being this close to Scorpius couldn't lead to anything good. I took a step back, towards the door and my exit. "You know, on second thought maybe this isn't such a good idea."

"Come on, Weasley. Don't tell me that I have to argue with you about this again."

I shrugged uncomfortably. "It's just that nothing about this feels natural."

A teasing smile edged on his lips. "That's probably because there's nothing natural about me teaching you how to dance."

"Or maybe it's a sign that we shouldn't do this." I reasoned, hoping that he wouldn't see past all my stupid excuses.

"You can't dance. At all." Of course, Scorpius saw right through them.

"You haven't even seen me dance." I exclaimed, slightly annoyed that everyone just assumed I couldn't dance based off only what Albus and James said. And okay maybe they were sort of right, but still. At the knowing look that Scorpius gave me, I sighed. "Okay, so maybe I'm not the best dancer."

"So let me help you." He said, simply. I had no way to argue, no excuses left, so I resigned myself to scowling.

He came near me placing one of his hands on the center of my waist. His hand held firm, yet it wasn't uncomfortable."Here," he took one of my hands, placing it on his shoulder. He then held up his other hand and laced his fingers through mine.