Chapter 2

A/n: Hi everyone!!! The picture of Asa Butterfield above is what I pictured Albus as. Don't forget to comment and vote! :)

"So, how was your summer?" I asked Scorpius, knowing full well how his summer went as we spent it all together.

He rolled his eyes though he was smiling.
"You already know the answer to that."

I mock gasped and put a hand on my heart in shock. I struggled not to smile.
"What would your dear mother say if I were to write to her about your terrible manners?"

A small smirk appeared on his face and he got dangerously close.
"You wouldn't dare."

I raised an eyebrow inquisitively.
"Try me."

He took a step back and a big smirk took over his face. I could see the wheels in his head churning and I knew exactly what he was going to do. But he wouldn't dare. He couldn't. I took a small cautious step back, just the slightest bit afraid.

Next thing I knew, Scorpius pounced on me and tickled me, unmercifully. That bastard. I slid from the seat and hit the floor with a thud all the while Scorpius tickled me. I involuntarily laughed and I struggled to maintain my frown.
"I swear to Merlin, Scorpius, once I get out of this I will kill you." I gasped out in between the laughing.

He nodded along, still smirking.
"Mhm, I'd like to see you try."

A groan came from Albus as he awoke from where he had been sleeping on one of the nearby seats.
"Ugh, can you too keep the flirting down, I'm trying to sleep." He muttered as he fully awoke to find us in a compromising position.

We broke apart and stood up rapidly, the heat rising to our faces. Scorpius rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly as I tried to focus on something else to keep my face from matching the same bright red as my hair.

"I wasn't....We weren't." We stammered out embarrassedly.

Albus gave us an incredulous look and instead changed the subject.
"Anyways, have you guys seen Alice?"

Alice Longbottom has been one of my closest friends since we bumped into each other on the way to Herbology. Luckily, we were both going the same way and we quickly became friends. Albus has had a crush on her since the end of third year but he still won't tell her even though I know for a fact that she likes him back. In fact, the only people who don't know that Alice and Albus like each other are Alice and Albus. It's not hard to see why he likes her though, with her shoulder length brown hair and big brown eyes, Alice is one of those girls, who is insanely pretty yet has no idea.

Scorpius shrugged his shoulders, his neck still a violent shade of red and I just shook my head.

Then, as if on cue, Emma Wood walked in to the train compartment with Alice in tow.

That day, Emma's hair was dyed an electric blue (she dyes her hair often, says it keeps her from getting bored) which somehow seemed to compliment her. Her bright green eyes shone in excitement for the start of term. Emma and I met during our first year, when we were placed together for our first potions assignment. She ended up adding the wrong ingredient to our potion which made it splatter, what looked to be, green slime on everyone and everything. Emma turned to me cautiously and awaited my reaction. To everyone's surprise, I put my head back and laughed until I couldn't laugh anymore. We've been friends ever since then.

Emma was loud and outgoing, the exact opposite of Alice who was much more cautious and had her head in the clouds. Because they were so different they got on really well. I was somewhere in the middle, outgoing yet cautious with a whole lot of stubbornness thrown in, a mix of both my mum and my dad.