Chapter 4

A/n: Hi everyone! So sorry I haven't updated in a while, you know how it is with school and stuff. But anyways I'm finally free at least for the time being so expect some updates pretty soon. Also, Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to those of you who celebrate it! Quick side note the picture above is Alice. Anyways don't forget to comment and vote! Happy reading!

"Ugh, I swear if James does anything else to bother me, I will have to take matters into my own hands." Emma groaned as she walked alongside Alice and I.

Our current topic of discussion was James. Emma was still fuming about what had happened during last night's dinner and refused to listen to reason.

"Oh come on, he's not that bad." Alice said with a slight smile as she saw the look of disgust on Emma's face.

"Not that bad? Are we talking about the same James here because it seems like we're not."

"Sure, James can be a real pain in the arse but he's really not that bad. And I should know, he is my cousin after all." I said to Emma watching as her expression of disgust got even more pronounced.

She didn't argue after that, though I could tell she wanted to.

We were walking to our first class of the year; defense against the dark arts or more commonly known by the students of Hogwarts as D.A.D.A. I was beyond excited. This year we would be getting a new professor for D.A.D.A as our last D.A.D.A professor had decided to retire. He hadn't been the best, so I was hoping that this new professor would be, especially considering it was our O.W.L year.

"Who do you reckon our new teacher will be?" I asked, as I rifled through my book bag, making sure I had packed everything.

Emma shrugged her shoulders as she sent us a sly smile.
"I don't know. I just hope he's good looking. Merlin knows our last professor was no piece of eye candy."

Alice gasped at Emma's audacity and swatted her with a rolled up newspaper. I laughed at the sight of a short Alice trying to reach the top of Emma's head.

"I just hope he is good at teaching or else we're going to have a hard time on the O.W.Ls." I finally said after catching my breath from all the laughing.

"Regardless, you'll probably do well. I mean, your father is one of the most prominent aurors of the 21st century. Not to mention, your uncle is the head of the auror department. You probably already know everything we're going to learn this year." Alice said, looking through her new D.A.D.A textbook.

"I really hope so." I mumbled under my breath, knitting my fingers together in a nervous manner.

***
"Right, I bet you ten galleons that we get a hot bloke as our new teacher." Emma spoke loudly as she opened the door the classroom.

"I swear to Merlin, Emm-" I stopped mid-sentence as I walked into the D.A.D.A classroom to be met with blatant stares. Oops. I guess we were a little more late than we had originally thought. All three of us stood frozen at the entrance of the classroom.

My cheeks reddened as I realized that all the fifth-year Gryffindors and Slytherins must have heard our conversation. I looked over to Scorpius and Albus, who were already sat near the back rows. Scorpius tried to hide his smile but it was obvious that he was trying extremely hard not to laugh at my predicament. Albus on the other hand, wasn't even trying to hide his laughter and was very close to falling off his chair.

A tall man who had been writing on the blackboard turned around to face us.
"Ah. I see that you did decide to show up after all."

His chestnut hair was gelled back, not a strand out of place and his blue eyes were piercing. He was young, extremely young and I was sure that at some point I must have been at Hogwarts at the same time he was.

All three of us stood there staring at him in shock, for what was standing in front of us seemed to be too good to be true. Emma was full-on drooling and it seemed like any second I would too. The only one who was unaffected by the professor's good-looks was Alice who took it upon herself to speak for us as we were quite incapable of doing so at that moment.

"Sorry professor. We completely forgot about the time." Alice apologized like the good student she was.

He nodded a look of understanding on his face.
"Just don't let it happen again. We don't want to be missing any lessons, especially since it's O.W.L year." He sent a charming smile, showing off his perfect teeth. All the girls in the class laughed, their high pitched, tittering laughter ricocheting off the walls. The boys in the classroom looked around at the girls confusedly.

Once the laughter had lessened the professor motioned to the rows of tables, near the front of the class, the only ones that were still available. "Why don't you take a seat so I can begin class?"

As we were sitting down, Emma nudged me with her elbow. "I think someone owes me ten galleons." She sing-songed annoyingly.

I nodded, my eyes still focused on the professor as he began the class.
"I think you're right."