Chapter Thirteen :love Or Hate

Love Or Hate

"to understand the difference between love and hate, you must understand war and peace. The yin and Yang's of eternity. "
                   Mia Andrews.

Nico pov

I've always been in love with this woman now I stand before her hospital bed watching as doctors and nurses checking on her.

So innocent.
So fragile.
So gorgeous.
A rare beauty.
A selfless being.
Her smiles.
Her laughs
Her silliness
I love it all.

Her anger.
Her jealousy.
Her bitchiness.
But most of all her pure heart.
"Mr Scott. I'm doctor Maddison. I've been your wife's doctor for three weeks now and - ". " she's not my wife. She's - she's my girlfriend and she's my best friend. I'm aware of her medical history, has the malignant tumor increased in size?"I asked, a bit disappointed with myself for correcting her but it was the truth. "while I'm sorry either way. The cancer spreading to her brain and there is noting else I can do, we've - my team and I are trying - trying to make her as comfortable as we can".

No,
no,
No,
no,
No,
no,
No,
No,
no,
no,
No,
no,
No,
no,
No,
No,
No,
no,
no,
Oh god please no.
no,
no,
no, I didn't know I was screaming it out loud or in my head. As a hand touched my shoulder, but all I could think about was her. Mi amor, my Emily. Oh dear God, not my Emily. Not her, God please, I'd do anything just don't take her away please.
I didn't realize I was crying until Doctor Maddison comforted me.

FLASHBACK

"it's a girl!" the nurse with ocean green eyes screamed coming into the room carrying the baby girl in her arms. I looked at Emily an she kissed my hand an muttered "thank you Nico for everything, thank you".

FLASHBACK over

So lost in trip down memory lane that I hadn't notice, Emily wasn't unconscious anymore. "Nico, it's okay, it's fine. I'll be fine " Emily gave me a weak smile as Dr. Maddison left the room, no doubt trying to give us some privacy. She took her hand, and I immediately felt her cold finger tips grazing my cheek, and wiped away my tears which escape. "Don't cry, it gonna be OK." how can she say that after everything? How can she be so positive.