Something Hidden?

"So, when are ya gonna tell 'em?" Rin smirks. He was leaning on the wall of a rarely used hallway that he noticed Klare frequenting quite a bit the past few days since the slight incident between her and the prince.

"I don't know what you mean? Are you feeling well, Rin?" She turned around to give him an innocently confused look, eyes filled with fake concern. His smirk instantly dropped into a scowl. "You know exactly what I'm talking about. If your smart, you'd leave with me. Afterall, if they just happen to find out that you've been feeding them lies this whole time just to save your own hide, they'd react terribly. It would be such a betrayal. The hatred would consume them to the point that they'd tie you up and throw you off. Do you really want to see that little friend of yours turn his back on you?" 

Klare quickly appeared right in front of him, pushing him into the wall by his chest. "Oh yeah? You don't think I've thought about that? I have. However, ... if I left, it would be like I was the one turning my back."

Rin's smirk returned, a triumphant look appearing in his eyes. "Now I see. That little banished kid is your weakness now. He reminds you of him, doesn't he? Just as I thought. The resemblance is uncanny, am I right? They aren't even related." The girl glared daggers at her brother. "Shut up. You'd never understand. Besides, last I checked, I told you to never bring him up again." He shrugged nonchalantly. "Whoops. It's been so long, I guess I just forgot. Please do pardon my mistake, Lady Chi-." 

She shook her head angrily. "Stop it! Don't call me that! I left them a long time ago, and I'm not going back!" "Why? At least when you were with the sisters, you were safe. Out in the open like this, you could be kidnapped and used to cause the greatest suffering in history." "There, I was safe, but confined to a metaphorical cage. So many expectations of me that would drive some people insane. Here, I'm free. Free and still protected. Zuko has my back just like I have his. Now, this conversation is over. I suggest you refrain from bringing this up again." She commanded as she pushed off of him and walked out of the hall to look for Zuko.

Rin smiled deviously to himself. "I guess this means I get to do the fun method to get her back. This'll certainly be entertaining."

**Timeskip, evening on the main deck**

"Hey, Klare! Are you staying out? We're having a bit of a celebration tonight before we leave tomorrow." One of the crew members grinned at said girl. 

She turned and gave the man a small smile. "A celebration? Sure! Is Zuko going to as well?" "If you are, then I bet he will too. I swear, he's crushing on you hard." She giggles, a slight blush dusting her cheeks. "No way. We're just old, close friends. That's all." "Sure, sure. If you say so." Klare rolled her eyes as a certain teenager walks up to them. 

"Klare, are you joining for the celebrations?" She grins widely at the burned, pony-tailed boy. "Only if I can sing a bit." Her comment gives him a faint, barely visible smile. "You can sing as much as you'd like." She lets out a small squeal of excitement, making Zuko let out a soft chuckle that surprises the crew member that was still close by. 

'H-He's actually happy for once? Since when did the banished prince learn to even express an emotion like that?! Should I be scared for my life right now? Maybe I should be worried about Klare's well-being? Wait... is she a witch perhaps? That could explain so much! She must've put a spell on him to make him know what human emotions feel like, other than just anger and overall negativity.' The man nodded to himself and walked away to help the other members with set up.

"Hey, uh... Zuky?" He raised a brow at the suddenly nervous Klare. "Yeah?" "There's something I really need to talk to you about, alone. Mind if I stay in your room tonight?" "If you want." "Great! It's really serious, so don't go to sleep too soon. Oh! Do you guys need some help with those lights? Here, one of you kneel and one hold some of the string a couple feet above his knee." Klare walked away from Zuko, the crew members doing as she said. 

Zuko watched in amazement as Klare helped the crew. She began running, jumping up and used the one person's knee to push herself in the air, grabbing the string of lights in the process. She hung the string on the small hook and used various poles to hang the rest of it, before gracefully landing back on her feet. "Any more lights you need to hang?" The crew members mindlessly shook their heads in response. Everyone was awestruck by the girl, except one, who bore a mischievous smirk.

"This should be fun, Little Bird."

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Heya, lovelies! 

I am SO sorry it's been a while!

Klare: -.-    You better have something for everyone to make up for these long periods of time, especially that last one.

I do! A special preview!

Klare: Oh? Really?! Finally!!!!

Yeah, this part was mainly filler anyways, but it was also meant to... prepare everyone for something PRETTY big. I'll let everyone try and guess what happens though.

Whelp, here you go! Your special glimpse into the next part

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"Rin! Don't you dare!" Klare gave her brother a murderous glare as he continues grinning.

"Don't what? I'm just telling them what you refuse to, or more like showing them." "I Don't think so! You can't do that unless I'm emotionally unstable." Rin sighed, keeping his ever present grin. "Well then, we'll just have to make you unstable. Won't we? I suppose I could simply kill two birds with one stone." 

Klare grits her teeth. Both of the twin's eyes glowed bright blue, which is easily noticed due to the dim lighting where they stood.

"I visited our two older sisters not too long ago. Ira has been loosing a tremendous amount of sleep. Every night, she goes and sits in front of the shrine door, waiting and hoping for you to open the door so that she can be the first to welcome you home. Brisa cries extremely often, including every night. She blames herself for you leaving and can't seem to forgive herself. Brisa's bipolar has gotten worse too because you still haven't returned and its been nearly ten or eleven years now. She thinks you might've died before either of us could bare a female child, or that you've gone into hiding in a place that only you could successfully survive. Whereas Ira refuses to believe for a moment that their precious Chilam is gone for good. Who would have guessed that the beloved baby of the bunch would be the one to ultimately kill the sisters that she supposedly loved so much, mutually?" 

Rin's expression turned sadistic as he watched Klare's eyes widen and brim with tears at hearing this new information. He took a step closer other, causing her to back up into Zuko.

"Traitor, lier, murder. "

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

There you go! I hope it makes you excited (and curious) about the next part!! Oh yeah, in case anyone's wondering, the picture with this part is also a small sneak peek!!!!

And as always~

Until next time!!!!

~Ali