Saying Goodbye

Klare smiled softly at the crew as Iroh and Zuko stood behind her. Patiently waiting, Rin stood at the railings with the single bag of Klare's belongings in hand. 

"We've been together for such a short time, but it was fun. Have a decent life, everyone!" Klare called to the whole crew before turning on her heels and going up to Iroh. Iroh opened his arms as she got closer. Klare's eyes widen a bit and she paused before rushing to him, hugging him. "Please take care of yourself, Uncle Iroh." He chuckled, patting the young woman's back. "No worries, my little blossom. As the sun always rises at dawn, we shall meet again in well health." Klare smiled and pulled away, nodding as she did so. "Yes, I believe we shall."

That's when she stepped back and turned to Zuko.

**Flashback, the night before**

"Klare, just how much longer are you planning to stay here? The sisters are still waiting." Rin glared at his twin, who ignored him. Klare watched Zuko carefully before sighing, a frown present on her lips.

"I understand. You'll need time to sort all that out. Right now you're probably unsure wether I should be considered a friend or a traitor to you. It makes since. Haha. It's kind of funny really. I had told myself ever since I left that place, I would never go back... but it's the only place I can think to go to give you some space away from me. Such irony." She chuckled, making Rin look at her like she was crazy while Zuko's expression didn't change from his shocked one. Klare slid off of the table and looked Zuko straight in the eye, not letting him avoid her gaze. "Zuko. I'm leaving in the morning with Rin, given your consent. You are the captain, so I won't leave without your permission."

Zuko didn't say a word. He barely breathed. Rin, beginning to grow impatient and annoyed by their proximity, which was still too close for his liking, he tugged Zuko back by his ponytail. "Just tell her that she can leave already. We don't have all night, you know."

**End of Flashback**

"I hope... when we meet again, you'll have come to a decision on how you plan to see me. As a lier, a traitor, a monster, or a friend. If I could make my opinion known, I'd love for it to be that last possibility." She smiled at him softly, but it vanished when he wouldn't so much as look at her. Klare turned her eyes down to the ground sadly and went over to Rin, who lead her off the ship.

As the siblings walked away from the ship, Zuko's voice could be heard yelling at the crew to set sail again immediately. Klare sighed. She knew that it was all for the best, but she very much dreaded it. She was dreading what might happen the next time she met Zuko. More so than that, she dreaded what would be waiting for her at her destination.

**Timeskip**

It's been about two weeks of traveling together before the twins finally saw the familiar lights of the shrine Klare once called home. Nervously, Klare walked ahead of Rin and hesitated before putting her hand on the shrine's main door.

She opened it to see a woman much older than her sitting there, leaning on the wall, and fast asleep. Klare let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding. "Hey, Rin, leave the bag there for a sec and help me out." She whispered, carefully wrapping the woman's arm around her shoulder. Rin nodded and wrapped the woman's other around his shoulder. "Come on, it's still the same room as before." 

Together, they carried/dragged the woman through various halls without getting noticed by anyone who may have been up at that hour. When they reached the room they were looking for, Rin opened the door and they gently placed the sleeping person onto the bed before quietly exiting. "I guess that means you were really telling the truth about what's been going on in the past years." He rose a brow to his sister's comment as they walked side-by-side back to where he dropped her bag. "So now you believe me? I hope you're ready for when everyone wakes up." A shiver ran its way up Klare's spine at the thought. "I don't think I'll ever be ready for that." "Too bad. Let's just get you cleaned up before dawn." Klare nods in acceptance  and follows Rin, who now has her bag, through the familiar halls.