Dangerous - (Paul LaHote) Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty:

***

*Tyler Black*

"What the hell are you doing here?" I snarled in utter disgust. The over-weight, waste of space that some people would have the guts to call a man smiled at me.

Paul was behind me now, hearing the commotion from upstairs. I gripped his hand tightly, not willing to let go. "You know why I'm here. Thought you could get away, did you? Sorry, but it's nor that easy. Let me take you the easy way and no one gets hurt."

Jake looked confused as hell, but nonetheless kept his mouth shut. He's a bitch, too. Paul let an inhuman growl rip from his throat as he stared Chuck down. "Is there ever an easy way to do things? Things have changed since we last conversed. Save the chat and let's get down to business."

Without thinking it through, I lunged for my former parole officer. If the emotional Cullen was here, I'm sure he could feel my malice in his own veins.

"Tyler, no!" My hand had slipped from Paul's, just as my hot skin pressed to Chuck's abnormally chilled skin.

Immediately, I flew back from the impact into the near-by staircase. Pain soared through every inch of my body. For a millisecond, I fought with consciousness. Narrowly, I hung on.

"Nice try. I'm not a fat, disgusting parole officer, you insolent child. I am a vampire. Ha- I am very talented, you see." Chuck or 'vampire dude' said with slight humor. At the last syllable of his statement, the creepy face and rolls of fat melted off his skin, replaced by a hot guy.

If I wasn't about to pass out, I'd totally tap that.

On the spot, the man in front of me transformed completely. He grew a whole foot right before my eyes. A balding scalp was replaced with a full head of blonde locks and those beady brown eyes were now forest green. "Dude, why didn't you tell me you're hot? Damn." I growled with pain and a tinge of anger.

Cue growl from Paul.

"Tyler!" He snarled.

"What? You're sexier and my imprint, Paul. You really think I'd go for a vampire? Wow. Wait! This isn't the point. What do you want, vampire dude?" I hope his name isn't Chuck. It isn't suiting.

Standing up without letting out any type of wincing noise, I dusted my rear end off and set my face into a deep scowl. "My name isn't Chuck, nor is it 'vampire dude.' It is Christof. I do not appreciate your demanding ways, Tyler Black."

Scoffing, I rolled my eyes at Christof. From the corner of my eye, I saw Jake's mouth gape open. Loser. Prick. Douche.

"Fine. Christof, what do I owe you on this fine visit?" My fake accent played off his perfectly. From the sound of it, I figure he is Dutch.

"Many things. You are of Black blood, am I correct? Yes. Ephraim Black owes me the next female descent of the third wife. That would happen to be you." Christof purred, a smirk dancing on his lips.

"I have an older sister..."

"Yes, you seem to. But- she does not have an imprint. You are the one I need."

"For what? My blood?"

"Don't be so frivolous. I want your soul to ensure my immortality."

"You're a vampire, nay I remind you. AKA- immortal beings. Edward told me so!" Even at a time like this, I have to be a little prick.

Christof sighed offhandedly. Finally, he prowled to me like a graceful feline in the jungle. "Edward hasn't been condemned to hell, has he? Taking souls is my expertise."

Great. I'mma have to beat the damn grim reaper's ass. Just peachy.

***

Next update is Saturday! It's probably the final chapter! Hope this shocked the hell out of you, I figured you couldn't handle another explosion or fight. ;) that's next, so be ready! :DD

Lovvveee Jay.