Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3:

It's been 2 days since the party and I still haven't heard from Zander. I'd thought that the next morning I would have like 3 texts, but there were none. Apparently, he wasn't that kind of guy. It was Monday morning now and I was on my way to school, loaded with 2 thermoses of coffee. I swear whoever said school should start at 7 am, never actually had to go to school at 7 am.

Kya and Jenna were already in the parking lot, but they were talking to someone. It was definitely a girl, from the figure, and I think she had blonde hair. I pulled into my space next to Kya, patted my beat up white truck, and walked over to them and the new girl. When I got closer I could see her clearly. She had a delicate build, white-blond hair, and green eyes.

"Hi" she said, as I got up close to the group. She grabbed my hand and shook it. "I'm Lilli" she said excitedly. "I'm Ava Williams." I responded. I gave a short look, out of the corner of my eye, towards Jenna and Kya. They both just smiled. "So, are you new?" I asked Lilli. "Yea, my twin brother and I just moved here from Shay County. "Oh, that's cool." I said smiling. Shay County was only 30 miles away but it was our school's biggest competition during basketball season. "My brother played basketball for SCHS and he's hoping to try out here." Lilli said. "Who's your brother?" Jenna asked. "He was the captain of the SHS basketball team last year, Zander Eriksson." My stomach dropped.

Kya saw my face and it clicked. "Was your brother at a party last Friday night?" Lilli stared between us for a second and it clicked. "Oh, shit." Lilli said, when it clicked for her too. "You're the girl! Ohmigosh! Zander's been trying to get ahold of you, but you accidentally gave him the wrong number." Everything made sense now.

That's when I saw a white-blond head moving through the crowd toward us, except for he wasn't looking at me. He was looking at Lilli. "C'mon Lilli. We're gonna be late to 1st period." His voice sounded impossibly sexier than I remembered.

Lilli smiled devilishly. "Zander meet Ava Williams. Ava meet Zander Eriksson." His blue eyes slid towards me, and recognition flashed there.

  -- Don't forget to leave a like <3 --