Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9:

It was 7:45 and still no Lilli and Zander. I was starting to get worried. At 6:45 Lilli had texted me and told me that they were on their way but they either never left or something had happened. I texted Lilli again. "R U OK?" 

I waited for 20 minutes and still didn't get a response. That's it. I was gonna just pick her up myself, and if I passed them in a wreck, I could call for help. I grabbed my keys and got into my car. I knew the way to their house because on Wednesday Lilli had to stay after and since she and Zander shared his jeep, I had to give her a ride home. Zander had gotten a job at the local bookstore and couldn't be late to his first shift.

After 15 minutes I arrived at their house. I hadn't passed a wreck so that was a good sign. I pulled up to their driveway and turned to go down it. They had the longest driveway ever, I swear. I finally got up to their house when I saw it. There was a bright red jeep in their driveway. Nobody in their family had a car like that.

I stopped the truck and climbed out, but as I walked up the way to the door, I could hear shouting. It was muffed but someone was pissed. I got up to the door and rang the bell. The shouting paused and Zander opened the door. His face was an angry red and his hair looked ruffled like he'd been running his hands through it.

"Hey" he said, obviously surprised by my appearance. "I was just about to drop off Lilli, but something uh..." he trailed off. the door suddenly widened and there stood a girl. She was about 3 inches shorter than me, but she was one of the prettiest girls I've ever laid eyes on. She had long red hair and hazel eyes, that looked pissed and widened even more when she saw me. "Are you the slut that's been kissing Zander?" she yelled.

"What?" I asked looking at Zander. "She's not my girlfriend Ava, I promise. She's the one I told you about. The one who broke up with me over the summer." The girl whipped her head at him. "That's it." she mumbled before lunging at me.

  -- Don't forget to leave a like <3 --