Chapter 17

CHAPTER 17:

When I finally walked into lunch, I was late. I walked across the cafeteria. The girls were all there but Zander was missing. "Where's Zander?" I asked Lilli. "The lunch line was really long." she responded. "Where were you anyway?" Kya asked me. "Um... Liam may have tried to talk to me and it may have ended with me kicking him in the balls." I said quietly. "WHAT?!" I spun around to find a fuming Zander standing behind me with a lunch tray. Apparently I hadn't spoken quietly enough.

I recognized the rage in his eyes. It was the same look he'd had after punching Liam. Zander sat his tray down. "Where is he?" he asked. His voice was too quiet and I knew that if I let Zander go, he would beat Liam to a pulp. "Hey babe, it's okay." I told him, putting a hand on his muscled chest. "Trust me, he won't be bothering me anytime soon." I said. I pulled him down onto a seat beside me. "I still hate that he even tried to talk to you. He's such a dick." Zander said, shaking his head. He pulled me out of my seat and sat me down on his lap. "Me too." I whispered.

I leaned into his warmth. I still loved his smell. The pepper minty musk.  I could see people at the next table giving us looks but I didn't care. I just wanted to be close to him. I leaned one more time, gave him a quick kiss, and sat back in my own seat. "Did you really kick him in the balls?" Jenna asked. "Hell yea. All those leg workouts at the gym paid off." I told her with a dark chuckle. I looked over at Zander and found him laughing so hard he couldn't breathe."Remind me not to get on your bad side. For my balls' safety at least." He said between breaths. I just smiled at him. "You're pretty cool right now." I said. "Good." he responded. "Huh?" I asked him. "I was talking 'bout the pizza." he told me between bites. He laughed at my eye roll.   

  -- Don't forget to leave a like <3 --