Chapter 18

CHAPTER 18:

Ms. Teenk was still talking about Shakespeare when the final bell rang. "Praise Jesus." I muttered under my breath, as I grabbed my backpack. I swear the woman could go on and on about how romantic Shakespeare is for a year. Luckily, 7th period is only an hour. On my way out the door, someone grabbed my hand. It was Trevor. "Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" he asked, looking around nervously. "Yeah.... Just let me go tell Lilli not to wait for me." I told him. "Okay. I'll wait by your locker." I watched as he left the room.

I turned around to find Lilli right behind me. "Jesus." I exclaimed. "Nope. Just me." Lilli giggled. I rolled my eyes at her joke. "Hey, can you catch a ride with Zander?" I asked her. "Why? I thought we were gonna get Taco Bell." she said, pouting at the thought of lost Taco Bell. "We can. I'll meet you there." I told her and hurried off before she demanded more answers.

I found Trevor leaning against my locker. I gestured for him to scoot over. "What cha need  Trev?" I asked him, as I unlocked my locker and grabbed my textbook. "After 10 years, I still cringe at that nickname." he said with a grimace.  "Good. Now I know not to stop." I told him with a laugh.

"What did ya need anyway?" I asked him as I closed my locker and zipped my bag. "I need your help with something...." he trailed off. "Trev? Did ya kill someone or something. I can be quite helpful when getting rid of a body. But then again Siri can be too." I laughed at my own joke and even got a smile out of Trevor. I nudged his shoulder with mine as we walked down the hall. "C'mon man. You're holding out on me." I told him playfully.

He finally stopped me at the end of the hall. "I um... I want your help to ask Lilli out." he told me as he turned an impressive shade of red. "I KNEW IT!" I yelled as I dropped my bag and hugged him. "Jeez." he breathed out as I squeezed him. "So can you help?" he asked. "Hell yea I can help!" I told him. I laughed as relief flooded his features.

"You can come to my place Friday night and we can plan. Then we can execute the plan on Saturday." I told him, allowing my Boss voice to flow with my words. "So soon?" he asked. I could see the fear starting to leak back into his hazel eyes. "Yes." I informed him.

He started to turn to walk to his car, but I stopped him with a hand. "Hey Trev?" I asked. "Yea?" he replied. "Wanna go meet Zander and Lilli at Taco Bell?" I asked him. "Sure." he said as he smiled and followed me to my truck.

  -- Don't forget to leave a like <3 --