Chapter 7: The graduation test

The next day I woke up early.

I looked at the clock. It read 5:30. Three hours before the academy starts. I groaned and rolled over, no point in trying to go back to sleep now. For some reason once I wake up, I can't go back to sleep. I don't know, I'm weird like that.

I thought about the blonde kid as I munched on my cereal. Gosh, I really need to find out what his name is. I can't keep calling him 'the blonde kid'.

After I finished my breakfast, I headed to the training grounds. I knew how to execute the transformation jutsu, but just to be sure...

I practiced the transformation jutsu for about half an hour. After I finished I looked down at my watch, wiping the sweat from my brow. It read 6:40.

Damn, I've still got an hour and fifty minutes until the academy starts. Now... What to do?

A rustle in the bushes caught my attention. I froze. Slowly, I turned to face the forest. Another rustle.

I started to slowly tiptoe towards the sound, careful not to make any noise. As I got closer, the sound of something thumping against wood started to become audible. When I finally reached the bushes, I hesitantly peered around them, although I was surprised at what I saw.

A boy around my age was practicing throwing kunai in the forest. His obsidian eyes were narrowed and his raven coloured hair swished as he jumped up and threw a bunch of kunai in different directions. He looked so concentrated on the task at hand, I doubted that he would notice me.

Though, I was soon proven wrong when one of the kunai stuck into a tree trunk behind me, merely an inch from grazing the top of my head. I yelped and jumped away in surprise.

The boy landed gracefully in a crouch in front of me, and lifted his head to face me.

"Why were you watching me?" He asked me, his eyes narrowed in irritation but I could practically feel his ego growing.

"Pftt, watching you? Why would I be watching you," I swatted my hand nervously.

The boy just stared at me emotionlessly. "Well," he said, "What do you call looking at someone consistently for ten seconds straight?"

"Uhh-"

"Hn." He cut me off, before starting to retrieve his kunai.

"Whatever," I sniffed, turning my head. "Say, what's your name? I forgot."

The boy walked over to me, not even looking at me, "That's because I never told you, and technically, you're supposed to introduce yourself before you ask someone," he said, before yanking out the kunai lodged in the tree above my head.

An irk mark appeared on my forehead, "Hey smartass! At least my hair doesn't resemble a duck's ass!" I hollered, shaking a fist in the air.

The boy froze, and I smirked.

"Yeah that's right you emotionless duck bastard, has no one told you that before?"

The boy twitched.

"Well," I smirked, "I've wasted enough time here, come talk to me when you've found a good enough come back."

I started to walk away, and I could practically feel the boy's eye twitching. As I was about to exit the forest, a kunai suddenly landed about two inches from my foot. I shrieked and whirled around, and sure enough, there he was, standing there smirking with his eyes closed and his arms crossed like the overconfident emotionless duck bastard he is.

Stuck in Naruto? Um... What?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें