Fated Destiny Chapter One

"Were we just born to kill people?" A female voice asks as bullets dance past my head.

Explosions scar the land as buildings buckle under the weight of blood and distant dreams. My ear rings as the explosions shake the ground. The screams of the people went silent with each tremor. A blast rings in my ear and the air smells of sulfur as a PL-01 canister rolls past me on the battlefield. The sound of missiles shearing away their target was as constant as my heartbeat. Was I just here to kill? I look up and see a RAH-66 Attack helicopter fly overhead as the sand whips at my face.

"Silent but deadly" The voice whispers into my ear again.

I glance at the magazine on my ACR combat rifle and see that the ammo clip is filled to the brim with pointy 5.56mm rounds. I slide the magazine back into the rifle and hear the satisfactory metallic click. I reach into my forested Combat vest pouches and secure my helmet securely to my head and then peer over the smoldering remains of the car I was using for cover, I see my squadmates waving me to come on. I take a deep breath of the fresh mountain air and then leap over the cover and across the open flatland. Before I know it a mortar explodes next to me and...

I open my eyes and look into my reflection on the sleek black surface of my monitor

"Hey Chris I asked if you're alright?" A gruff male voice asked.

I looked up and saw one of my co-workers looking down at me concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine, just must have dozed off sitting on my ass doing nothing since they give me easy jobs." I replied.

"Yeah I feel you man, just take it easy. Were all concerned for you after that hit you took in Sweden." My co-worker said. "Just making sure you didn't die on us at the office." He laughed.

"Yeah I'll be fine man." I retorted.

"Alright man, well I'll see you later." He said and walked off.

I sighed and looked at my computer screen and my surrounding desk stacked with paperwork and forums.

"What am I doing wasting my talents here." I sighed again.

My name is Christopher, I am an American born down south and spent the rest of it so far living up North. I work for Chaldea Security Organization in the year 2023, a mysterious organization that as far as the US government and the rest of the world was concerned, did not exist. I worked as Defense contractor and Security Personal. The funny thing is I spent Four years getting a degree in Mechanical Engineering, but after working here a few years I now have saying "I have a major in Engineering and Masters in shooting things." I still don't even know why I was hired......

" I still don't even know why I was hired