Fated Destiny Chapter Eleven The Man of the East and the West

Another set of dirks came out of nowhere and I quickly raised my shield to deflect them as I took another step back before that same wicked voice laughed again. I gripped my shield tight, I was dealing with Assassin alright. Only that coward would disappear into the shadows to try and strike me from behind. I grit my teeth as I look around for any signs of the cloaked figure. I jump back as another set of dirks land at where I had once stood. "I need to try and get that coward out of hiding and strike at him. Who knows how long Christopher can hold out against Lancer. I doubt very long, Lancer isn't fooling around and is not like Rider." I think to myself before I sense another set of dirks coming at me. I raise my shield up and the dirks bounce off and I take another step back. I look around to see that I was now standing in the middle of the intersection and I looked around and listened the only sound I could hear was my own heart beating loudly in my chest. I couldn't sense Assassin or see him. Where Was He? Then that laugh was heard again and I cringed, gritting my teeth.

"What's wrong little girl? Can't find me? As they say, you can't fight what you can't see." Assassin said laughing.

"That coward! Hiding in the shadows!" I thought to myself and my heartbeat slowed for a few seconds and my eyes widened as I rose my shield to the front then to the left and to the right, swirling around to block several dirks coming from all different angles. Dirks bounced off my shield and hit the ground before they disappeared. I kept blocking from every angle for what felt like several minutes until they finally stopped coming and I stood there panting.

"What a shame you're still standing and breathing no less! I see this is going to be a little more trouble than I thought. However I know your reaction time, speed, and durability of your shield. Let's see how well you fare in round two shall we?" Assassin said before letting out a laugh. I clenched my fist tight and gripped my shield even tighter. "Damn he gathered all that just from attacking me... I can't let him figure anything else out. Nor can I just keep standing here blocking his attacks." I thought to myself. It appeared that each dirk only came from seven meters away. Well out of my reach or striking distance, but maybe if I...

I pushed my way through the glass doors and slammed them shut behind me. I looked around and saw that the entire lobby had massive glass window walls you would find in most lobbies. So much for trying to block the door, he could just smash through the window walls, I doubted that blocking the door would have done much good either. I sighed, then shook my head. "Quit wasting time lollygagging around before he comes crashing through those doors!" I said to myself and turned around and headed deeper into the lobby, jumping over a couch and crouching behind it before I heard Lancer barge through the glass doors. I peeked around the corner of the couch to see Lancer standing in front of the doors as they swung shut he looked around and I hid back behind the couch.

"That was clever trick human, but it won't save you again. So let us see who can last longer the Master or the Servant? If Assassin kills your Servant then he will just join me and help finish you off, not like I would need his help. Still if I kill you first, your servant will just fade away and solve Assassins problems and mine. Then we can go back to looking for the grail." Lancer said calmly looking around. Lancer was right, killing me would put an end to both Mashu and Scathach's life and I couldnt let that happen, but if Mashu was killed then it was just me by myself against two servants. I could only hope that Mashu could beat Assassin and come help me or I could link up with Mashu and we could try and fight them together or try and escape. I gripped my handgun tightly in my two hands hoping that Mashu was doing alright.

"Why don't you come out and we can get that beer you were offering heh?" Lancer said laughing.

"Yeah right... That offer has already expired." I muttered.

"Oh so the offer expired? Too bad. I never liked beer anyway." Lancer said and my eye's widened. I looked directly ahead at my reflection in the mirror and my heart beated loudly as I tried to calm my breathing, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and opened them again to see that Lancer was approaching my couch looking directly at my reflection. "God damn it!" I thought to myself.