Fated Destiny Chapter Two Rainy Days

"Ahhhh w-what?" I said feeling something wet against my face and I push it away. I open my eyes and come face to face with a black nose. "Shadow go away...." I turn my head and face the bland white ceiling. "Jezz what time is it?" I raise my wrist and look at my silver wristwatch with golden outlines around the time. The time read 8 A.M. "Uggggggggghhhh 8 AM. What time did I even get home." I said rubbing the sand out of my sleepy eyes. I could hardly remember when I got home, just that it had been past midnight.

For a few moments I stared blankly up at the ceiling wondering whether to try and go back to sleep or to get up.

"Screw it." I said and pushed the blanket aside and sat up and looked around my living room. I looked at Shadow who was sitting waiting for me to give him his 8 o'clock kibble and bits. "Alright, Alright I'll get your food. Wouldn't want you to starve." I said jokingly patting Shadow's head and pushing myself off of the couch. I turned off the small fan that I had put down on the coffee table. "I guess I was so tired, I couldn't have even make it to the bedroom." I said to myself and strode through the living room and into the kitchen. I opened a bottom cabinet door and reached inside and pulled out a blue bag of kibble n bits and turned around to face my humble master waiting for me to feed him. I walked over and bent down and filled his silver food bowl to the brim with dry food. "There you happy now?" I asked. Shadow just stood up and started chowing down into his food bowl. "Your welcome Master." I said and turned around and put his dog food back into the cabinet and closed the door. I walked over and opened an upper cabinet and pulled out a black coffee mug and a bag of ground up French Vanilla Coffee beans. I opened the sealed bag and poured the coffee into the filter, I took small pitcher of water and poured it in and closed the lid. Then with the touch of a button my cheap coffee maker started warming up the water with the sound of boiling water and began pouring steaming hot coffee into my mug.

As I sat there and awaited my morning brew I heard my bedroom door open and footsteps walk across the carpeted hallway and into the bathroom and then I heard the door close. A few more seconds passed by and I heard the water turn on and the shower head. I thought to myself for a moment. Then It hit me and I remembered everything from yesterday and facepalmed myself. "Ah Gezz, I had completely forgotten yesterday.... It all happened so fast." I said to myself. "The special assignment, My new Partner Scathach, The Holy Grail Wars, Mashu, My Boss, and the long ride home." I said leaning back against the counter. After a few moments of recollecting my thoughts I turned around and took another coffee mug out of the cabinet. Upon turning around I came face to face with Scathach standing in front of me with a towel wrapped around her upper body. Her hair was wet and some water was still rolling down her sleek shoulders.

"Scathach!" I exclaimed

"Good morning Christopher." Scathach replied blankly.

"Good Morning indeed, I didn't hear you finish your shower. Here's a cup of coffee." I said reaching behind me and grabbing the coffee cup out from underneath the coffee machine and handing it to her. Scathach accepted the coffee mug.

"So, Cream? Sugar? Or Milk?" I asked.

"Milk is fine." Scathach answered.

"You'll find milk in the fridge door." I said pointing to the small silver fridge behind her.

"Thank you." Scathach turned around and opened the fridge and examined the contents until she rest her eyes on the milk jug. She took it by the handle and pulled it out of the fridge door. Upon hearing the door seal close, she turned around and took the cap off of the milk jug and poured some milk into her coffee. Once finished she put the cap back on and put the milk back into the fridge. She came around the island and sat down on one of the stools and took her coffee mug in her hands and took a sip.