Fated Destiny Chapter Thirteen New Trouble Seriously?

As Mashu and I stagger our way up the steep incline out of the crater, arrows land all around us, bouncing off of Mashu's shield and landing at our feet. I turn to see skeletons on the other side of the crater raising their bow's, preparing to send a barrage of arrows into our backs. I raise my pistol, lining up my sights on the skeletons as I wrap my finger around the trigger and giving a few squeezes. The air fills with gunpowder and shell casings land in the barren earth mixed with the ashes of once was a proud home of a young mage. The skeletons crumple to the ground in pieces, but not before they let their arrows fly, hitting the earth all around us. I turn to see Mashu still pressing forward with her shield raised. I dig my heels into the ground and push forward with Mashu as we climb up to the top of the crater to flat ground. I hear an explosion up ahead and look past Mashu's shield as I see skulls and bones fly over the edge and go past our heads and roll down the crater.

"I guess Caster is making short work of them." I said.

"It would appear so Master..." Mashu said as she trudged forward with her shield raised.

"I wonder if there will be anyone left to fight." I stated.

"That wouldnt be so bad... I wouldnt mind..." Mashu replied.

Mashu and I reached the top and climbed up onto flat ground and looked around where we spotted Caster engaged with several skeletons. Caster was shooting fire balls out of his finger tips at skeletons and using his staff to block their swords when needed before he blasted them back. Skeletons seemed to surround Caster. Mashu and I raced towards him to assist, but before we got there, there was a fiery blast that sent the skeletons flying away from him in pieces. The bones crashed into Mashu and I, we both rose our arms protecting our faces, before the bones fell to the ground around or behind us. Once the dust had settled, I lowered my arms from my face and looked forward to see Caster walking towards us. Mashu and I walked towards him meeting him halfway.

"See you two made it out alright." Caster greeted us.

"Yes we made it out of the crater." I replied.

"Shall we get somewhere safer and establish connection to your lovely Director and the Nerd?" Caster asked.

"Yes lets not keep the Director waiting." I said, just then the ground began to shake and the sound of something rising out of the earth. We turn to face the noise and see what appears to be a black hand with glowing orange magic circuits rising out of the ground.

"What the..." I said in shock.

"...Hell." Caster said finishing my sentence for me. "It would appear we're not out of this yet..." Caster said, just then a black mist rolled in over the ground around the hand and skeletons rose out of the mist raising their skeletons heads and gripping their swords.

"No rest for the weary." Mashu sighed.

"Yeah.... Let's finish what we started!" I said determined.

"Right let's go!" Mashu said and darted off towards the skeletons. Caster followed quickly behind her. I follow behind Caster gripping my pistol in both hands. I take cover behind a rock and raise my pistol resting my arms on the rock taking aim at the skeletons charging towards Mashu and Casters. I squeeze the trigger several times until the slide stays back indicating the magazine is empty. Two skeletons crumble at Mashu and Caster's feet as they continue charging forward until Mashu smashes through a skeletons and Caster stops to shoot several off a succession of fireballs out of his finger tips at skeletons, blasting their skulls clean off, before they fall to the ground at Mashu's feet. A glowing orange orb appears out of the palm of the giant hand. Caster and Mashu turn to look at it, just as they do, fireballs shoot out of the orb from the hand. Caster leaps back, dodging a fireball that explodes at where he once stood. Mashu raises her shield blocking the fireball as it explodes on impact, sending Mashu skidding backwards.