Fated Destiny Chapter Eight A Holy Visit

As Mashu and I walk, we grow closer to the Fuyuki bridge.

"I sure hope we reach the bridge before anyone else does... or let alone someone is already there..." I murmur to myself as we walk down the side street hugging the river. So far we hadn't run into any more skeletons, but what was more unnerving is the fact that we hadn't run into any enemy servants. I glance across the river and see the other side of the city still up in flames. I also notice another harbor across from the one we had left behind. I wondered if that harbor was in any better shape. The last harbor had signs of a battle between forces that were anything but human. So it continued to cross my mind that we hadn't run into any other Servants. I glanced back at Mashu, not that I didn't doubt Mashu's skill... but I did doubt that it would be enough to compete against an enemy Servant. Than my mind wandered to Scathach.... It had been hours since we had arrived in Fuyuki. So where was Scathach? Was she okay? Was she fighting for her life right now? Or was she bleeding out somewhere injured? I shook my head. "No you can't be thinking those thoughts about Scathach? You have to have faith she'll be okay." I thought to myself, but no matter how hard I tried to shake that thought from my head, it still lingered.

"It would appear we have arrived at the Bridge Senpai. Hopefully we won't encounter any problems coming back across the river." Mashu spoke up and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Yes lets hope so Mashu." I said as I grasped my pistol and slid it out of its holster. "Lets just stick to the road this time, so it won't be like last time." I said.

"I agree, but hopefully no one is watching the bridge." Mashu nodded her head. We stepped onto the bridge and made our way across navigating through the sea of cars until we made it to the middle of the bridge where we had fought, the burning cars, shell casings, and the stress marks on the road from Mashu's shield remained, but other than that you wouldn't be able to tell that there was a battle here. The skeleton bones had disappeared as if they were never even there.

"I guess they disappear shortly after being defeated." I murmured.

"Yes it would appear so Senpai." Mashu said looking around.

"Well let's continue on. We still have to get to the church on the other side of town." I said walking on still grasping my pistol in both my hands.

"Understood, we wouldn't want to disappoint the Director." Mashu nodded her head and her and I made our way across the bridge past the burning cars until we reached the other side, we encountered no problems.

Shinto West District.

I read the sign that welcomed us to the other side of the city as we stepped off of the bridge. The only thing is, it wasn't very welcoming, the fire had only grew worse while we were on the other side of town and had consumed much of Shinto, leaving most of it burned to ash.

"I believe the Church is North West of where we are Senpai." Mashu said.

"Yeah let's go." I said tucking my pistol back into my holster and sliding my hands into my pockets. We walked along the main road we had taken before until we came at the intersection where the SWAT vans were. The air smelled of death and decay. Mashu and I covered our mouth as we walked past the SWAT Vans, the bodies were still there and flies hovered around them. After we put enough distance between the vans and us we took our hands off of our mouths and kept walking down the road until we came at another intersection where a skyscraper towered over us, the tower was ablaze. At the bottom of the tower was a large building with a small park. A sign read Fuyuki Train Station. We had crossed train tracks on the way here so this is where the station was.

"Fuyuki Train Station, hmm I don't suppose trains are still coming through?" I asked.

"Now is not the time jokes Senpai, The Church is that way." Mashu said pointing to the right of the intersection.