Must Be Proud

Your POV:

We sat in the stadium in Montreal. We were near Kelley's family. Everyone's nerves were high.

Germany have been dominate this whole tournament. We really needed to play our best.

"Come on USA!" Erin yelled. The game started. Alex kept attacking Angerer, who was her teammate in Portland. She couldn't break through.

The first half ended and it was 0-0. Both team having a lot of chances. It was the best offense in the tournament against the best defense.

Should be an entertaining game.
Stressful, but entertaining.

"I need a beer." Erin stood up. "Wanna come?"

"Sure." I got up. "Anyone want anything?" I asked.

"Get me another drink?" My dad pulled out money. "That should be enough for you girls and me."

"I have money."

"I insist." My dad said.

"Thank you."

We walked to get our drinks. "How you feeling?" I asked her.

"Nervous." She said. "If Kelley was in, I'd be even more nervous." I laughed.

"I understand that. You must be really proud of her."

"Incredibly proud." We got our drinks and paid. "So what's the deal with your dad? Thought you two weren't close?"

I shrugged. "He came to see me in Chicago, told me that I can hate him all I want, but he'll never stop being my dad. He'll always be my #1 fan, always support me. Then during the Sky Blue game after I scored, I saw him in the crowd. I remembered how proud he was of me after every game when I was younger and just wanted that again. He's the big reason I play. Cutting him out of my soccer career? Would mess me up."

She nodded. "That's cute." We walked back to our seats. "I know what he did was wrong. Cheating is a terrible thing, especially when you have a family. But he still loves his kids. It's nice that you're still giving him a chance."

We sat down and watched some of the players warm up. Then the 2nd half started.

Things were about to get interesting.