Back to Chicago

Your POV:

Alex and Sam scored before the half, and we beat Germany to win the SheBelieves cup.

Hope got the golden glove, again.

Alex got the golden ball and boot.

"What now?" Ash asked as we left the hotel.

"NWSL." I said.

"Red Stars are gonna kill it." Julie said. "We've got Alyssa Naeher."

"We've got Hope Solo." Barnes said. "We win."

"Not when you play FCKC." Becky said walking by us.

"You don't have ARod this season. Seattle Reign FC. 2016 NWSL Champs. I can see it now."

"Spirt are going all the way to the final." Crystal said. "Calling it now."

"Please. Orlando is stacked." Ash said.

"Is everyone gonna ignore the fact that Becky is savage as fuck?" I said. "Damn Becky. Out for blood."

Everyone realized that she did roast the entire Seattle Reign organization and started laughing.

We all left and I headed to the airport. I landed back in Chicago and settled on my couch.

Someone knocked on my door.

"Home for 5 minutes. I can't have peace." I said getting up. I walked to the door.

"Hey superstar."

"Eliza." I said. "Come in." She walked inside. "It's a mess. I moved back, left for Florida and just got home."

"I can see that." She pointed to all the bags and boxes. "You busy?"

"I was just relaxing. Why?"

"Get to work on that story." She said. "If you're busy."

"No. I was just sitting here doing nothing. Let's get to work."

We went to a little cafe and sat at a table. "First do you mind if I record this?" She held up her phone.

"Not at all."

"So just basic questions to start with. When did you know this is what you wanted to do?"

"Uh maybe when I was in middle school." I said. "I played when I was younger but when I was in middle school I started to really consider it as a career and got to high school, became the schools leading scorer 4 years in a row."

"Wow. Impressive."

"Hard work." I said.

"You said you considered it as a career in middle school. When did you start playing?"

"When I was about 4? 5 maybe. Around that."

"What made you what to play?"

"My dad is a huge hockey fan and I'm his first born so he obviously wanted me to play hockey. Took me to the rink, realized I couldn't skate, but saw how much I liked scoring goals. The rest is history."

She asked more questions. Why I picked Santa Clara, my game day routine, being cut from the world cup roster.

"I think we have enough for right now." She said. "Now."

"Yes?"

"Can I take you to dinner tonight?"

"Eliza. I just got out of a relationship. And I have the season soon."

"I get it." She said. She got up. "I'll let you know if I need anything else." She grabbed her phone and walked out.

"What the hell." I sighed.

Damn you gettin all the bitches.