| 2 |

Ava

After our dinner in an Italian Cuisine, I dropped Drake to his home as his car was left at the café. We said our good byes', And I returned my home, sweet home.

Instead of parking the car inside the garage, I left it outside, just so I couldn't be caught for being late. It didn't help most of the times but I never had any other options better than this. It was the only way I could use, or that's what I think.

Slowly I opened the gate and went inside. I ran to the backyard and saw a ladder lying around on the grass as if nobody had touched it from decades.

Maybe this might help.

After few attempts, I finally managed to take the heavy ladder and set it against the wall of my room. I hastily started to climb, fearing I might get caught.

God please don't let me fall down, God please don't let me fall down, God please don't let me fall down! This was the only thing which was flowing on my mind.

It had everything in me to reach the top, just near the edge to get a grip. I was almost there in a few steps when I tripped and fell down with the ladder across me, making a large thud.

"WHAT THE--," I screamed.

Haste makes waste, my subconscious pointed out.

This day was unlucky because,

1. Extra homework.

2. Fell down from a ladder.

The pain shot through my upper arms and that was when I found the scratches there. Thank god, I didn't break any bones.

"Who is there!?" I heard my older brother, Troy shouting from afar.

Still lying there deadly, "Huh? Your ex!" I replied shouting at him sarcastically.

He caught my sight and came near to me. He looked at the ladder, then at me, again at the ladder and finally his gaze fell on me.

Suddenly, he burst out laughing. "D-did you-- just fall f-from the-- ladder?"

"Nah, I walked on it."

When he didn't stop, I asked, "Are you gonna help me now? Or do you want few more minutes to continue this?" I rolled my eyes.

Still laughing, "Few more minutes it is!"

"You are a jerk!" I kicked him right on his knee, hard.

"What the hell?!" He cursed, holding his throbbing knee that I hit so perfectly.

"Hell? Dear brother, It's not hell, It's our earth with beautiful nature, creatures, human beings, oceans, and the most important thing, OXFORD UNIVERSITY! How can we forget that? Hu----"

"Shut the f*ck up, I think I can't walk properly." He looked like he was pissed off.

"You never let me complete my beautiful speeches," I paused, "That's what happens when you laugh at others. You deserve it, bro."

With a lot of efforts, I stood up weirdly, feeling the slight sting from my arms. Urgh! So much for my failed attempts.

"Help me, B*tch!"

"Who is that bıtch? Hey? Is anyone here named bıtch?" I turned dramatically and called out in the dark, although there were nobody around us.

"B*tch is you!"

"Nah, My parents didn't name me that, It's definitely not my name," I said looking at him.

"Fine," He gritted out.

"Jeez, This is how you were taught to ask help, You should tell 'Please', Shouldn't you?" He hardly says please to anyone.

"Try with some love, Bro," I said, rolling my eyes at him.

"Okkaaaayyyy Fine! Dear little sister, Would you please help me to walk to the door?" He said putting a little emphasis on the word - please.

"Satisfied now?" He asked, irritation etched on his face.

"Almost," I said winking and helped him to stand on his feet. When he grabbed my elbow, I winced. He frowned while seeing the scratches with some blood oozing out.

"Stupid, You're hurt," He said looking concerned. Eventhough we fight like some maniacs, We loved each other. It was that time when we were teens and one of his friends called me ugly. I didn't even know that he had beaten him up so much that the boy was about to faint. He never showed it, but I always knew.

"It's fine, that doesn't hurt," I tried to convince him.

"Shut up and Let's get inside, It's getting colder. Mom and dad went for a dinner and they haven't return yet. I'll apply an antiseptic cream to your scratches," He took my hand and dragged me inside.

I think he said that he couldn't walk properly.

But fūck, my body was hurting more than his.

.     .     .     .     .

I hope you all like this chapter.

Please vote, Comment & share.

Until next time.

Love, Raaz xoxo