| 16 |

Ace's and Amor's picture♡

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Aaron

I took a one last glance over her and closed the door behind me. The ring tone of the phone stopped when I stepped in my office, eyeing Ace who was checking out a file.

I walked around the desk, pulling back my chair, taking my seat. "Everything's going the way as we wanted," Ace said, sitting across me, acknowledging my presence.

As I was going through the files which Ace handed me, my phone rang again, interrupting my work. I checked the caller's ID and a smile crept up my lips while staring the name on the screen.

"Amor." I spoke involuntarily looking up and Ace head snapped towards me. My finger tapped the green circle but never swiped, wanting to run her patience out. Because she was never a patient girl, always in a haste.

Ace nodded once and that was out code for, "Got it, boss," which was just another reason why he was my second in command. Not like he needed any other relevant reason to become what he was. He walked to the door and placed his hand on the door knob, twisting it open but stopped abruptly in the midway.

"Amor," he said quickly, "tell her--- I mean, tell her I said.....Hi."

Strange. My brows knitted in confusion. Ace always kept his emotions in check, but seeing he had just lost that cool composure the second I mentioned my sorella, my sister's name meant something was going wrong.

Amor was a touchy subject for few people, Uncle Sergio - Ace's father and my Mamma were at the top of that shortlist, But I never thought that Ace could ever be amongst them.

"Will do, Ace," I said with a smile--- something I rarely gave, but sensed he needed right now. Which just goes to show that I'm not an asshøle to my family.

He left without a word and I answered the call of the important woman in my life.

"infine, qualcuno trovato il tempo di rispondere. Beh, Ciao ci grande fratello!" [Finally, someone found the time to respond. Well, Hello there, Big brother!] I winced as soon as I was greeted by her sarcasm.

"Rude, Gesù Cristo! che era scortese, piccolo. male me, sai. saluto tuo carissimo fratello dopo tanto tempo con un sarcasmo non solo in forma." [Jesus Christ! that was rude, little one. You hurt me, you know. Greeting your dearest brother after so long with a sarcasm didn't just fit] I feigned innocence.

"OoOhhh! Did I just sense innocence?" I heard her snort but then she laughed. "Mamma is gonna have a heart attack if she gets to know it."

"Never mind, I will always be his innocent boy---"

"A-ha! --Man." She pointed out. "Mr. Tall and dark--"

"And handsome Man," I counted.

"Oh kook! Shıt head people compliment themselves." She laughed at me.

"Amor Francescantonio!" I heard another voice through the phone, another important woman in my life, my Mamma.

"What did you just say!?"

Ahh, here we go again.

Mamma must be glaring at Amor for her foul language, she never liked it even with me but never bothered around.

I heard Amor smacking her head, "I'm dead for now, although I thought I'm tired after my ballet show..but hey! I will tell mamma that you forced me to say!"