| 29 |

Song: A Thousand Years by Christina Perri.

Any idea what that GIF says? *wink*

. . . . . . .

Aaron

Why couldn't she get it?

I was not a right man for her. She shouldn't love me. She doesn't even know me. My world. If only she knew who I really was, what world I really live in, what I actually do. She would never wish to see me in her life, ever.

It was too dark for her sake.

But that wasn't possible, she would never know that who I was, I was the fūcking mafia boss. Killing people was my pleasure. I was cold and ruthless. These were the only things I was capable of. I wondered what would be her reaction if she knows about this. It would be priceless.

Scared.

Disgusted.

And, Hate.

That did something, a slight jerk - I felt something. I scoffed to myself. I wasn't supposed to feel anything, that was too much for my blood. All of my Men have sworn omertà, a bond creating on it's own for the protection of us, of our family.

Of course I loved my family, but that was different. Taking a girl whom I met mere months ago, I didn't think I have fallen for her. I don't think.

I had absolutely nothing to do with love.

However, it was the word I wasn't familiar to. Maybe I haven't felt them before, maybe I was drawn to fact that there shouldn't be any weakness because it was the real shıt that I hate.

"Why don't you understand?" I asked. Her eyes fly opened. "Don't love me."

She didn't say anything, just kept staring at me as if she was lost in her train of thoughts, as if she was trying to make out what I just said.

Her lips broke into a lazy smile, "I don't think I could do that but I have decided one thing."

"You don't have to love me back. I know this is gonna be tough, I could even end up being hurt. I don't care because there is this panging on my chest that just won't stop until I give up on you. Maybe it will, but I wouldn't give up, neither would the ache."

Fūck.

Though it was hard to declare something which I wasn't willing to, I knew I couldn't drag this enough. "I'll break you." I said and looked away, unable to take the scrutiny of her hope.

"You already did."

Snap.

What did just happen to me?

She doesn't wait for me to say anything else, she opened the door and stepped out, leaving me in a chaos.

And, that was exactly how I left her, right? That day, in my room, in my bed, I just left, without any words.

Was I denying something just because I wouldn't be able to do it?

Maybe it was too late and I was drawn to her instead.

Maybe this was all just because of my heart.

But then again, I didn't have a heart.

What the fūck did she just do!?

Rage suddenly fueled inside me. I got out of the car, my hands balling into fists, making the knuckles to turn almost white. I reached to grasp her hand and pulled her to me, catching her off guard.