Book II - | 9 |

Picture of Eidan and Nedaya, The Francescantonio Twins

•••

Your insecurities had their way of showing themselves. They loudly exposed mine,
And used their dirty fingers to point at me.

- L. Figaro

•••

Ava

        That face was enough to remind me the dark places I have been. It took everything in me to stop myself from doing anything which I would hate and regret. Because right now, all I wanted to do was to make him suffer. And the fact didn't bother the humanity, it was pushed down deep, so deep that I couldn't find it anymore. And I didn't care, I stopped caring the day when he became a monster.

Funny how he was making me into one.

He was not looking at me, he never looked at me when I saw him. His eyes were set to the front as if he didn't even hear me coming. I would rather die than sit with him in a car and trust him to take me away, so I stayed still, outside the car and not making a move with my jaw clenched and my fists balled. If glares could kill, Aaron would have been six foot under the ground. That was how much I loathed him, now and forever.

I heard Nedaya calling out my name from inside the car which was ready to go, "Why are you standing there? Amedeo's men will be coming for us in any minute now, hop in!"

I didn't even trust her now.

I didn't take my eyes off of him as I replied, "I'm not coming."

"Are you crazy?!" She shrieked in a frustrating tone but I chose to ignore her.

"If that's what helps you to sleep at night, then yes, I Am." I said, my eyes trained on him all the while he did not bother to look and tell anything. He was sitting there like he didn't exist and hope he would actually stop existing for me.

"Look, I know you have a problem with Aaron. Forget he is here and just get in the car, I did now blew up the wall for nothing."

"I'm. Not. Coming." I finally moved my eyes to her and marched over to where Drake was, taking his hand and wrapping it around my shoulder but she had to interfere.

"You are being-" she started but suddenly there was a ear piercing gun shot and I turned back in horror.

More people started to gather around us; each one armed. I swear my heart beat was running a lot time faster than it should have. I have never encountered a situation like this and it was creeping the shıt out of me.

You ever experienced something so terrorising and new, which had you freezing where you couldn't hear or move or do anything, just stayed rooted to the place because your brain was fumbled and your heart was beating too fūcking fast. That was exactly what was happening to me right now.

The men were coming towards us, faster and faster. And almost in a heart beat, I saw a man pulling the trigger right on my direction. My mind registered that I was going to die and so, I waited for it but Aaron came out of nowhere and crowded my body with his. I palmed my mouth when I found blood covering his black shirt.

His face was twisted in pain but he was masking his features, his emotions, not wanting me to him vulnerable. Yet in so much pain, yet with bullet inside of him, he pushed me forcefully inside the car, closing it rather quickly and commanding to start driving.