| 28 |

Song: Dangerously by Charlie Puth

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

Ava

      Fūcking Ezekiel.

      How could be this possible?

      This shouldn't be happening. He wasn't supposed to be here. He must have been in jail for five more years. Then; how come he made out? Did he run away?

I suddenly remembered the time when I tried to run from this man.

I was only few miles away from the city, then I would be able to escape. I could see the brimming lights of London, people still busy behind their lives.

My legs were sore and my throat felt dry. Even in this winter, my body was burning. My eyelids felt heavy due to the lack of sleep and restlessness. The mere end of this hill was not only huge and vast, it was the increased amount of snow which was trapping my legs continuously, digging under.

My breathing became shallow as I reached the dead point, blood rushing through my veins. I bent down to catch my breath, trying to ease the pain that had spread all over my body.

I can do this, only few more seconds and I'll be free again.

I never liked to be trapped, never liked to be at someone's mercy. My dad had thought me that we should never give someone the opportunity to control our life. And, I have had known how it felt to be in that kind of situation.

Defenceless.

Vulnerable.

And, ...painful.

The feeling of being at someone's mercy, with no possibility of outside help, was seared into my mind. I thought I could not make out but I did. I was not going to look back now, ever.

My eyes shrunk painfully when there was a sudden headlight of the car. A hope built inside of me and hurried towards the fence, but as soon as I placed my hand over it, I was slammed on the icy ground.

I felt like I was choking on the gag stuffed in my mouth. I tried to scream, my heart beating with dread like never before. My legs kicked out, beating the fence repeatedly but the car disappeared from my sight.

My cheeks were still pressed against the snow as tears welled up my eyes. A hand yanked a fistful of my hair and my neck snapped painfully. My efforts were not helping and I was terribly scared of the consequences which I was going to face.

He laughed seeing me helpless, seeing me at his mercy, that sinister laugh that I wished to never hear again.

But they say, 'Fate has always been unfair'.

That same sinister laugh brought me out of my past, the past which was buried deep under me has started to play again, in front of me, fūcking again.

That new scar made him look scarier. My eyes frantically searched for anyone, anyone who could help me. I wanted to run but It felt like I was rooted to this place.

"H-how...how did... you--.." I couldn't even form any words, why the fūck I'm stuttering?

"Ah! So you didn't miss me?" He grimaced, his mouth twisting in distaste. He took a step ahead and I quickly turn to run away but he captured my arm.

My lip trembled and I wanted to scream but my tongue felt heavy, unable to move. I struggled to get out of hold but he doesn't lets go. He started to tighten his grip, shaking his head. I began to scream but he put his palm over my mouth, muffling my screams.