Sensei

Far away in Egypt... in a massive library.. a familiar redheaded girl staggered around with large stacks of books struggling to put them on shelves as a  few levitating spherical androids used gravity manipulators to assist her.

"Hey! Nue!" a tall man in a rather cleanly trimmed suit with a top hat and a monocle, a low class hero named Sky Orchard walked over. "Got a moment... I have some news.."

"Mmm?" said Nue, setting the books down. "About?"

"Your friend Narina.. seems she is getting herself into some hot mess again." said Sky Orchard.

"Ahh.. yes.." said Nue. "mmmm.. I heard.. She messaged me, told me she was going to Kyoto to see something about a serious Genocide Charge.. "

"Well.. turns out the perpetrators are the King's personal android legion, the Iron Forge, also called the Iron Legion." said Sky Orchard. "And a trusty informant hero from the region just assured me he saw Shock Therapy personally put a beat down into the infamous Chompani!"

Nue continued to give Orchard a blank stare, but he knew that she was actually worried about her friend from the way she wasn't responding.

"She can take care of herself.." said Nue simply. "But... mmm.. by God... if.. anybody.. hurts a hair on her head.."

"BOOOOOMMMMM!!" Nue rammed a fist into a bookshelf, and immediately it shattered into splintered wood and piles of pages and torn covers.

"WWWWAAAGGHHH!!" Orchard screamed. "NUE! YOUR TERRIFYING TEMPER JUST DESTROYED 40 YEARS OF RESEARCH!!!"

"Neh!?" Nue stammered. "Eh... s-sorry!!"

_____________________________

"Wow.." Narina breathed. "This is a town I could definitely settle down in.."

"Eh..." Violet tilted her head, raising an eyebrow. "Er... well.."

Ezra shrugged. "Not really my thing.."

Sora frowned. "Where's the TV?"

"Where's ANYTHING?" Stoor muttered. 

The main Ryu village was large alright.. it was in actuality, a massive edo period Japanese Village.  

"It's like I'm in the Hidden Leaf Village.. only without electricity!" Narina said, her eyes sparkly.

"You know.. Narina, for a person who loves anime, comics and video games." said Stoor. "You have a pretty odd liking for the Japanese boonies. "

"Well, I've always had an interest in my Asian heritage." said Narina with a shrug. "My Dad always wanted to bring me to Kyoto, but we never had the money.. now that I have a Hero's license and can go pretty much ANYWHERE.. It's amazing I haven't gone to Kyoto yet.. I mean.. I might try and trip out this place with a nice Satalite connection so I can at least connect some Pokemon multiplayer.. but other than that.. I love this.. I prefer quiet.."

The village was built on a slope, resulting in multiple stairways going up to different parts of the craggy mountainside village. It was also filled with fountains, and hotspring pools. And the houses all had very colorful red roofs and though much of the clothing worn by the villagers appeared inexpensive and easy to make.. all of the villagers themselves appeared so handsome, beautiful, and healthy, that Narina felt it didn't matter what they wore.