3. Interrogation

~Your PoV~

"So.... who are you guys exactly anyway?" I asked. The four of us were just chilling in the kitchen... talking... Okay, fine, I'm trying to get some info out of them, but COME ON! Three mysterious dudes in masks show up at your house, of COURSE I'm curious!

"I already told you who we are, (y/n)" Masky said.

"No, I mean, why are you here? Who do you work for, etc. etc..." I say

"Oh... uh... that's... tricky. We were mainly sent to-"

"Masky..." Hoodie warned. I smiled. I get so happy when he actually speaks. It means he's probably warming up to me.

"Yeah, yeah... Let's just say, we are skilled serial killers, working for... a certain person, and were sent to protect you."

"Protect me? Who sends serial killers out to protect some... freak?"

"You're not a freak. A slight bit insane, but not a freak. Also, I have no idea. He just said to protect you at all costs."

"He? So your boss is a male?"

"Goddamit... you're good at this!"

"Why don't you leave the explaining things to the girl we aren't supposed to tell this stuff, to me?" Hoodie said.

"You barely talk!" Masky said

"Exactly my point."

I snorted. It's kinda ironic, since this was just the longest conversation Hoodie had tonight.

"Okay, let me ask something else... Hmmm... are you exactly sure you don't know who Slenderman is? 'Cuz I can see Toby's Proxy Symbol." I say.

The boys turned pale, and all of us looked at Toby.

"N-no way!" Toby said, looking at me, wide eyed.

"Nah, I'm just joking with you guys. Besides, there's no way I would've seen. Toby is almost entirely covered."

The boys lightly sighed in relief. Either I almost caught them, or they were hoping I was wrong about this whole Slenderman business.

I'm just gonna have to wait and see.

~Masky's PoV~

That was close. She almost caught us! We would've been so screwed...

For about fifteen minutes now, she tried getting more info out of us.

"- Is Marble Hornets real? I haven't seen it yet, but I heard people mention characters named Masky and Hoodie... sooooo.."

"NO!" Hoodie and I said simultaneously.

She looked startled.

"Okay, okay! Chill...." she held her hands up in defense and looked at me, probably waiting for me to explain.

I opened my mouth to speak, but then she tilted her head to the side. Was she... studying me?

"Uhm... (y/n)?" I said

She said nothing and stood up from her chair and walked over to me. I watched her, but then she held my chin with two fingers and turned my face back to the front. I frowned, but she obviously didn't notice.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

She gave a small giggle and poked the side of my face.

"You have sideburns!" she giggled, putting emphasis on the word 'sideburns', then she went back to her seat.

I frowned again. "Uh... duh?" I said

"Oh, sorry. Facial hair amuses me. Sorry." she said, still giggling.