15. Saving the Proxies

~Your PoV~

I ran through the corridors, and I'm pretty sure I'm lost. It all looks the same: Long corridors with white tiles and white walls and white doors too! It reminds me of a mental hospital. Or a normal hospital, actually.

Great.. now I hate hospitals.

I slowed down and tried to make sense of my surroundings. There was a noise... a tapping noise... it was getting louder and louder and.. Oh my sack its footsteps!

I panicked and quickly looked around for a way out of this. I randomly grabbed a door and ran in. If I get caught its game over. I just hope there's no one in this room. I silently closed the door and turned around to examine the room.

I was in an average room, square, with beige walls, a big window at the other end, looking out on the city and a red carpet. There was also a large black table in the middle with at least 8 people sitting around it. They all turned their heads to me and frowned.

Goddammit!!!

I grabbed the door handle and sprinted  out again, running straight into two other guys. I quickly fumbled in my pockets for a knife, and eventually slit their throats. Luckily, they were too surprised to actually do something. And so, I, (y/n) the World's Worst Ninja, sprinted down the halls, dodging people and hiding in closets. At least I didn't find another room full of people.

As I ran down the halls, I saw a door that was different than the others. It was metal, with thick bolts holding it together. I really hoped they were actually in there. I mean, its like that in movies!

I froze and hit myself on the head. It's too obvious! I looked down the hall, and started regretting checking every single  room.

"Might as well start here, then..." I muttered to myself. I walked to the metal door and tested the handle. To my surprise, it was unlocked. I raised my eyebrows and peeked inside. The room was dark, and all I could see was a bit of concrete floor in front of me. I felt around the wall for a light switch, but couldn't find anything. I huffed and stepped inside, then felt along the walls for the switch once more. As soon as I stepped in, the door slammed shut, and I was enveloped in darkness.

"...Fudge..."

I spun around and blindly stumbled to where I presumed the door was, taking small, quick steps, tripping over my own feet occasionally. After what felt like forever of stumbling and struggling, I felt the cold metal surface of the door and breathed a sigh of relief. I fumbled around for the handle and eventually found it. Gripping tightly, I tried opening the door, but somehow, it locked.

"Okay... So not creepy at all..." I mumbled.

I pounded on the door, hoping someone might hear me and open up. Sure, I'd get caught, but I can always kill them. I have the element of surprise on my side. Around ten minutes have passed before I gave up, and decided to try and move around the room, trying to figure out where I am. Taking small, careful steps, I started moving further into the room. I felt lost, powerless and like I'm floating at the same time. Nothing felt right!

The room I was in must be HUGE, because I've been wandering in the same direction for a very long while now.. maybe it was another corridor? No, that doesn't make sense..  Before I could question my theories, I started seeing a dim light in the distance, and started running towards it, stumbling occasionally. Something was.. off about this room.. The walls seem to be swaying... it was making me dizzy. I also didn't realize that my eyes were closed. I stopped and opened my eyes, only to be shocked at the sight.

I was outside. The building was on fire, and I was being carried. I blinked a few times and looked up, seeing Hoodie, without his mask, carrying me.