9. Friends

"God damn...." I muttered as I was pinned to the floor by a certain brown-eyed Proxy.

"I gotcha now..." he said softly, pinning my wrists above my head with his calloused hands.

I smirked.

"I am not usually so easily captured. " I said with a small giggle.

"And why is this time different?"

"Because it's a trap" I said, kneeing Masky in the stomach and jumping up. I grabbed my weapon, which I dropped earlier, and stood ready for him.

So far, training with Masky has been rather challenging.

Hey, what did you guys think we were doing?!

I twirled my knife in my hand and smirked at Masky.

"Told you so~!" I sang and charged at him.

I ran head on at him, then side stepped at the last minute when he tried to counter my attack, confusing him, then turning and elbowing him in the back of his head. He fell forwards, and I pressed a knee against his back, pinning him to the ground.

"That was way too easy" I said.

"You caught me by surprise." Masky said defensively

"Su-u-u-u-u-ure...." I said.

I stood up and let him get up.

"Better luck next time, Timmy" I sang and winked at him. I could've sworn he was blushing. I turned and exited the training room.

Hmmm... what to do... what to do.... Making Masky blush was funny... let's try making Toby blush!

I strolled through the hallway, just peacefully making my way through the... endless maze of... oh sweet mother of Zalgo, I'm lost!

I stood in the middle of the hallway and huffed in annoyance and frustration.

"Dammit!" I yelled to no one.

"Lost?" said the oh-so-familiar introvert named Hoodie, who was leaning against a doorframe behind me. I turned on my heel and smiled sheepishly.

"Eh heh... kinda..." I muttered and clasped my hands behind my back and bit my lip.

"Follow me" he said and turned, walking down the corridor. I jogged up to him and looked at him.

I didn't know what to say, really.

"So, you like it here?" he said after a while

"Heh.. yeah... just finished training with Masky, and I kicked his ass." I said

He chuckled.

We turned a few more corners and approached a door. He opened the door and gestured for me to go first. I walked past him and surveyed the scene. We were in the Garden.

It was beautiful.

I gaped as I took in my surroundings.

A huge array of flowers of all types and colors surrounded the garden, the only exception being the center and a small path leading into the forest. The flowers were arranged by colour, starting with deep reds and ending with bright purples, all making a large circle of color.  Hoodie stood next to me, and I could tell he was smirking.

"Thought you might like it here" he said.

I didn't respond. Instead, I took a few steps forward into the garden. Hoodie chuckled softly and picked a vivid (f/c) rose, and then gave it to me. I took the rose, and a splash of crimson flared up on my cheeks.