6. Secrets Revealed

~Toby's PoV~

"Can you please tell us what's going on here?" I said.

"Obviously, Slender ignored me and sent you guys over here. I told him that if he wants to get himself little slaves, he shouldn't bring them into my life. Look, I'm a killer, but I will not see someone serve some faceless asshole unwillingly."

"I... guess you're right." I said.

"(y/n), you sure you want to do this? Slender is not a force to be trifled with..." Masky said.

"Oh, believe me, I'll be just fine. Slender can't kill me."

We just stared at her.

"How?" Hoodie said.

"Because I'm important."

She turned around and threw the door open. We jogged up to her just as she was about to cross the street. She stalked across the road, and we quietly followed her. I nudged Masky's arm with my elbow.

"Hey, Masky. Why did (y/n) cross the road?" I say, trying not to laugh.

"Because we're going to the Mansion" he answers in a monotone voice.

"No... but that answer is better! I'm gonna use it on Hoodie!"

I walked closer to Hoodie and lifted my finger to poke him.

"Don't even think about it" he said before my finger could make contact.

We entered the forest, breaking through the thick barrier of trees. Just as we got through the worst of it, we saw a figure crouched a few feet away from us. The sight of the thing made us freeze.

The Rake.

"(y/n)... don't make any sudden movements..." Masky said softly.

(y/n) smiled and then walked to the ugly creature.

"Rake!" she said

"No! (y/n)!" Hoodie and Masky exclaimed.

"Hey buddy!" (y/n) said, and engulfed the creature in a hug. The Rake wrapped his ugly pale arms around her and made a sound that kinda sounds like purring.

"(y/n)! What are you doing here?" It said in a raspy, whispering voice.

"I'm going to chew off Slendope's head for sending his Proxies to protect me." she said, standing upright again.

"Uh... what's going on here?" Hoodie asked.

"Well, obviously (y/n) made friends with the Rake. Duh!" I said.

Sadly, we weren't friends with Rake. He looked at us and growled.

"Hey, buddy, they're friends. Look, read my lips: FRIENDS" she said.

Rake stopped growling and seemed to be... pouting? I know he's weird and all, but... Dafuq?

"You coming with, buddy?" she asked after a while. Rake shook his head and pointed to the west. At least, I guessed it was west.

"Ohhhh..... Welp, see ya later!" she said.

And with that, we set off again.

~Masky's PoV~

I looked at (y/n) when the Rake left.

"Da.... fuck?" I said.

"How the hell did you manage to make friends with the Rake?" Hoodie asked.

"Well, they both hate Slender, and (y/n) is a very nice person, so I'm not surprised." Toby said.

We looked at him. I swear, he's both smarter and stupider than usual at the same time.