7. Dude... we're Screwed

~ Your PoV ~

"Dad?!" Masky said

"Say what now?" Hoodie said

"I knew it!" Toby said.

We all looked at him in surprise.

"What? She's really pale and skinny. She said she met her dad last year, and she also said Slender started stalking her a year ago... I just connected the dots. Same story, different cover. It's really not that hard." He explained. I shook my head and glared at Slender again.

"Why did you send your Proxies after me? I told you I'll be fine!" I said

"Child, please, you don't know what you're up against..."

"How bad can it be? I'm half you. I think I'll be fine."

"Please just listen to me for once!"

"NO! You abandoned me, Slender! Where were you when mom died?! Why help me now?" I said

"You do not understand. It's not what you think-"

"I understand quite well! You ignored my existence because you broke the rules by keeping me alive! Why you haven't killed me when I was born is beyond me! I'm endangering the people around me just by existing!"

"Child..."

"NO! Do you know what hell I've been through in that orphanage?! What it feels like to be called a freak?! It's all your fault!"

I felt a surge go through me, and I immediately recognised it. It's what happens every time I lose control over my emotions... but the only difference is, I let it go instead of oppressing it. A huge wave of energy pulsed from me, throwing back papers, books, anything, including Slender. He and his Proxies stumbled back.

"That's enough! Listen to me-!"

"Fuck. You." I said and darted out of the office, the Proxies following me. Following, not chasing. Strange.

I sprinted out of the building, the boys having no trouble catching up to me.

"I'm so getting grounded for this!" I yelled.

"I didn't know you could do that!" Toby yelled.

"That was so cool!" Hoodie yelled.

"Hurry! I think he's catching up!" Masky yelled

Suddenly Hoodie disappeared. I heard him yelp and I looked behind me. Slender had grabbed him by the foot and Hoodie was now dangling upside down. Two can play at that game! I ran slower, and extended my own tentacles form my back. Gee.... haven't used them in a while. I grabbed onto Hoodie, and pried Slender's tentacle off Hoodie's ankle. I almost dropped him, since I'm kinda out of practice, and Hoodie is heavier than I thought.

I managed to get Hoodie, and run away again.

"You are just full of surprises aren't you?" He said after I got him back.

"You haven't seen anything yet!" I yelled. All four of us broke through the barrier of trees, Slender long gone. I retracted my tentacles, and surveyed the scene. I wasn't that far away from my home, still walking distance. I walked along the line of trees to my home.

"So... Slender is your dad?" Masky said, just trying to break the slightly awkward silence. I snickered.

"Isn't it obvious?" I said

"Well... for one you have a face.... and you're kinda..."

"Short? Yup. Ironic ain't it?"

"Why are you so..... casual about this? I'd be freaking out."