3.

Barbie's POV: 17th of April 1965
I knocked on the Benny's family's door. It's been 4 whole days since we've seen him. Benny's mom opened the door. This was the first time I saw her and she was very pretty, I could now see where Benny gets his looks from.
"Hello Mrs Rodriguez. My name is Barbra Ruth. I live at number 12. I'm looking for Benny so we can play a game. Is he in by any chance." I said very politely.
"It's amazing to meet you Barbra. Call me Elaina. I've heard so many great things about you." She said. I was so shocked. Benny talks about me??
"Yesterday evening Benny had his tonsils removed. He can't talk much but he'll be very happy to see you." She said opening the door wider and leading me in.
"Thanks so much Elaina. By the way you have a beautiful home." I said.
"You're a very sweet girl. Benny is right up stairs, the first room on your right." She directed.
I walked upstairs to see baby photos of Benny. He was soo cute. I knocked quietly on his door and then pushed it open softly.
"Surprise." I greeted him. He looked up and his eyes widened. He waved enthusiastically.
"So since you've been gone a while, I'm gonna update you on what's been happening." I added. He smiled and patted the space next to him on the bed. I took a seat next to him and began to tell him about everything.
"Oh and then to follow that. Ham runs up and says his pants are just fine which wasn't true, then he bends down and his pants split." I narrated to Benny. He burst out laughing until he began to uncontrollably have a laughing fit.
"Did they find out about the shower catastrophe?" He asked trying to catch his breath.
"No." I exclaimed laughing.
"What that was like the best time of your life. Me - Clothes + steamy shower + water= the best thing you have ever lied your eyes on." He remarked croakily.
"Yeah-Yeah." I said, rolling my eyes
"Well, I have to go and get my dress fitted for the Easter service tomorrow." I told him standing up.
"I was supposed to tell you something..." He croaked. I stopped.
"Yeah what is it?"
"Umm, I just wanted to tell you that... You...  I- um, your hair, it looks very nice. You have very nice quality hair." He told me with his voice cracking at the end.
"Nice quality? You sure know how to talk up a gal Benny." I joked.
"I'll see you tomorrow. But whatever you do just don't laugh when you see me." I ordered.
He waved goodbye and I walked down the stairs.
"Thanks so much Mrs Rodriguez."
"No problem sweetie. Benny loves having you as company. Never seen him happier."

I walked across the street and back into my house. Tomorrow was the Easter Sunday Service. We're not that religious but my mom thinks it's important we go to church on the special days. Ya know, Easter, Christmas, funerals.
"Barbie! Come here give me your waist." Mom ordered coming after me with a tape measure.
I groaned and stood still.
"Ma!"
"This is the last measurement I swear." She said.
I then set the table for dinner. My dad and mom sat across from me.
"So how's your day been? I My father asked me as he put a piece of steak in his mouth
"Pretty good. Went to see Benny because he had his tonsils taken out. I talked to him and kept him company. Before that I went over to the sandlot and Ham split his pants so I duct taped them together again, not just any type you know the strong type." I added. My dad began to laugh... very hard actually. My mom followed him.
"Babe, it seems like you're quite keen on these boys." My dad commented.
"I wasn't at first but they're most likely the best in town." I replied.
"That Benny is a very handsome young man."
"Ma." I said warningly
"Is he now? Well I guess I'll get to meet him tomorrow." My dad said. I gave my mom a disapproving look.