22.

(Credit to @hayleygoodfairer on Instagram)
Barbra's POV: still the 4th of July; now 8:00pm
After the whole second place fiasco, I went home to go and get ready to watch the fireworks on my own and take a couple of cool photographs.
I was about to get comfortable when I heard a knock. I jogged downstairs to the front door. It was Benny? What's he doin' here?
"Come on, let's go, get your bat." He ordered.
"What? What's going on?" I said grabbing my bat.
"Night game. Come on." He said holding the door open for me.
So, Benny explained this whole night game thing to me. There was only one specific day of the year where there was enough light for us to play a game on the sandlot. The fireworks would light up the sky, creating enough illumination for us to see what we were doing. The 4th of July was that night.
While running, I realised that I still had my camera around my neck. I set it down on a near by table and covered it with my jumper.
"My mom almost grounded me." Squints said.
"Why?" I asked.
"I cut off a lock of Wendy Peffercorns hair and put it in my pocket." He said laughing.
"Ew." We all groaned.
"Poor Wendy." I said.
"She'll love me when we're married." Squints whispered basing up. We all exchanged creeped out look with each other and started the game.
I hit the first run but i was distracted by a huge bang. I looked up... the fireworks had started. I ran out to get my camera and took some pictures. They looked beautiful.
"They're so pretty!" I gasped trying to catch my breath.
"Almost as pretty as you." Benny whispered walking behind me. I turned around and leaned in. And well.... you can guess what happened after that.
"So beautiful." Squints said tearing up. We both looked at him with curiosity.
"I'm just feeling emotional right now." He sniffed as Yeah-Yeah put an arm around him.