25.

Benny's POV
Our city was facing it's coldest winter yet. Everyone was either snowed in or out of town in an attempt escape the cold. Benny and YeahYeah sat out in front of YeahYeah's porch.

"How long have they been fighting like this?" Benny asked YeahYeah as he threw a baseball up and down repeatedly.

"Try 6 months. They'll be going back and forth like this for hours." YeahYeah answered as he put his head on his hands.

"You okay?"

"I think so, as long as Ally doesn't have to bearing all of it. She's at Ruby's place right now." He told Benny.

The sound of footsteps approaching caught their attention.

"I came once I heard. Al, you okay?" Barbra asked as she held her arms open for a hug which YeahYeah gave into.

She patted his back as she felt him sigh heavily into her jacket.

"Sandlot?" She suggested.

"It's snowin, babe.." I reminded her.

"Not to play, to talk."

"How about we try my house?" I offered.

They both nodded before we all made our way over to my place.

"My mum is with her new boyfriend in Jersey. I think that she left some me some cash for pizza." I remember as I look on the top of the fridge to see the very same 10 dollar note and two quarters lying there.

"I'd love pizza. I won't lie." YeahYeah replies as he sat down on the couch next to Barbra.

"Hey, Benny." YeahYeah called me as I joined them after making the call for the pizza.

"Yes."

"What's it like?"

"What's what like?"

"What's it like to not have two parents? What's it like to just live with the one?"

"Uh, I mean. It's different. Sometimes there's stuff that only a mom can do. Like wash your clothes with the nice fabric softener that makes it smell like flowers, or make your favourite dinner when you're sad, or smack you over the head when her chanclita after seeing your report card. But other times, there's stuff only a dad can do like teach you throw a pitch or fix a bike or shave. But listen, I know it's hard that your parents are separating but you still have the both of them and I don't think the love they have for you will chance."

"And think about it, you'll have two bedrooms." Barbra chimed in as she hugged him.

"Two living rooms."

"Two Christmas trees."

"Two birthday celebrations."

"Guys, I don't want two of everything ok! I just want...I just want things to stay the same." He snapped before putting his hands over his face and wiping his tears subtly.

Barbra and I have each other a small glance before sighed deeply.

"I know. It's...I'm sorry. I shouldn't have tried to make this a positive thing. I'm sorry, YeahYeah." I apologised.

"Me too. We're just going to be here. That's what friends do right...they...they just be what you need them to be." She sighed before putting her hand on his.

"Thank you guys. I love you both. You know that."

"We love you too. The both of us." I responded.