21.

Barbra's POV: 4th of July
I combed my hair back and tied it into ponytails with some of it out. I put on my new flowery blouse and some mint green pants.
I felt really bad about what happened with the girls, so I tried to patch things up but Lucy picked up the phone and scoffed only to hang up. I groaned at the thought of Karen Heatherport strutting with her hunchback shoulders and limp waddle. The girls didn't want Karen... they want revenge on me. I let them down so now it's vice versa. I felt guilty about what happened. I have no idea what or how the girls are gonna do.

Lucy's POV: 4th Of July
"Well maybe if you were taller we'd be getting the right." I snapped at Karen.
"Well maybe if you were prettier you could model yourself!" She snapped back adjusting her dress.
"Okay from the top!" I yelled. I cringed as I had to watch Karen strut on the stage. She looked like a giraffe learning to walk.
"Karen get out." I said exhausted. This is my production, I've been working on this for months and this maybe be the only time I get to showcase it and it's gonna be a disaster. I can hear Jessica and her minions laughing at me already. I want Barbra back, I was such a meany to her.
"Lucy. Not to make you madder-
"I'M NOT MAD." I screeched. Ally gave me a dirty look
"Al, I'm sorry." I apologised
"It's fine. We have to pack up because the people are coming." Ally informed me. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her. If this whole thing crashes down at least we have each other.
I walked back to wear our booth was and took a seat. I put my head in my hands.
"Those are some pretty clothes." I heard a voice say. I looked up to Barbra.
"Yeah, I guess."
"Karen sure must be working them."
"Not in the slightest."
"Yeah I thought not."
"Then why did you say-
"Because, even when your world is crashing down... best friends tell you that everything is going to be okay."
"Best friend?"
"Lucy. I'm sorry. I was being Bryce Beef Jerky with extra jerk." She said sitting down
"No. I'm sorry. For being Jessica Turkey Jerky with extra jerk." I said standing upto hug her. She hugged me tight.
"Best friends?" I asked.
"A pleasure."
"Good because I need you!"
"Thought you'd never ask."
We got Barbra the order of everything. I began to realise how close we are when I saw Jessica and her knuckleheads in the crowd.
The night dragged on. The food was pretty good. Two acts had already been on. Squints and Yeah-Yeah with their failed magicians act and Kathy Broker with her tap dancing.
"Okay darling. I'll give the introduction and you guys will be on." Mrs Jones from number 5 said. Then she disappeared behind the curtain.
I looked at Barbra who was already in the first outfit. I winked and she winked first. I can't believe I almost lost one of my best friends to fashion... Well I can believe it but it was nice.
"Now presenting Lucy Miller, with her clothing line called...
Oh shit I haven't come up with a name.
"SandyMillerBabes." I blurted out. It was stupid but relevant.
"...Sandy Miller Babes! Please give her a warm welcome."Mrs Jones said clapping and opening the curtain. I stepped out.
"Thank you so much Glenrose Avenue. It is a pleasure to show you a new clothing line made by me.... Lucy Miller."
The girls filed out in a neat line. Outfit after outfit, which I'm sure the crowd loved. After the talent show was over and Kathy Broker had won, I hanging out with the girls, eating some ice cream.
"You totally deserved 1st place." Barbra repeated for the 7th time.
"Guys I've already told you. I'm not bothered. I deserve 2nd place." I explained to them.