12

VOWS
...
..
.

Harry had been counting down the days for weeks now. He couldn't wait to see Charlotte again, and this time, he was determined to board the train he was sat on in the New Year and not feel the regret he had the last time he left. He'd make his move on Charlotte this time, and he'd planned it out to a tee.

It would be private, and quiet, and as romantic as he could make it (although he knew something would mess up) and it would be the start of wonderful things to come. Merlin knew he needed some wonder in his life.

The train pulled into platform nine and three quarters and Harry had never gotten off the train faster, Hermione and Ron struggling to keep up whilst Zara and Nott slowed him down, dawdling in front of him as he awkwardly tried and failed to over take them. When they finally made it onto the platform, Zara immediately turned to him, eyes sparkling with glee.

"Harry," she said, with a smirk as he hauled his trunk off the train. "You better hurry up."

"What?" He asked, just as confused as the others who stared at Zara as if she had two heads. The girl simply laughed, nodding her head towards Charlotte who stood a couple feet away.

Damn. She looked better than he remembered as he caught her eye. She was so beautiful, truly gorgeous to the point where Harry was sure she had a Glamour Charm on her, before remembering that was impossible. The wind was knocked out of his lungs as the blonde came flying at him, launching herself onto him in a warm embrace as he dropped his trunk on his foot but ignored the pain, kicking it to the side as he hugged her back, still slightly shocked at how forward she was.

"It feels like you've all been gone for ages!" she said as she pulled away, arms still wrapped around his neck, but something told him she wasn't really talking to the others. "I've missed you so much- life's been so boring over here, I feel as though there's nothing to do but schoolwork!"

"Oh," Harry stuttered, staring into her ocean blue eyes, bright and happy and he told himself to pull it together. "Really?"

"Yes, really," Charlotte sighed. She glanced from side to side, as if only now noticing the volume of her voice, and the fact that there were plenty of people on the platform. Harry heard Ron snigger from behind him, and Charlotte's eyes immediately snapped away from his, to give his friend a glare. If looks could kill... She looked back at him. "And you haven't been writing, either."

She was right. He'd written once, and only once at the beginning of October and he hated himself for it. It was his fault, and his fault alone, yet he still found himself stumbling for excuses.

"Sorry, it's just there's been so much going on, I haven't found the time," Harry said, and Charlotte's beautiful smile faded. He was so stupid! Why would he say that? "Not like that- I just meant, well, there's only so many hours in a day you see, and well, they're all taken up by other things, and trust me, I'd rather they weren't but-"

"Oh, shut up," Charlotte laughed, and all of a sudden she was pressing her lips against his. This wasn't what he'd planned, this was everything he didn't want to happen, because he could've sworn he'd heard the click of a camera shutter as he closed his eyes, heard Zara squeal in delight from beside them, felt stares all around him. He'd wanted privacy for the first time.

But Harry got lost in the kiss anyway, it was hard not to when Lottie tasted like chocolate cake, and ran her hands through his hair and smelt like roses and held his heart in her hands. When they pulled away from each other, both grinning like mad, their friends had left them alone, but everyone else was still watching.

"Merlin, what have we done?" he mumbled, still smiling, regardless of the panic he felt inside.

"What we should have done a long time ago," she replied, smiling.