23

SIBLING LOVE
...
..
.

Her plan was not smart. It wasn't witty, or clever and the odds of getting caught were unbelievable. But Charlotte felt she had no choice, she had been a prisoner for too long and she couldn't stand to be in that manor a moment longer.

So she arose, early in the morning, before they came to wake her. Charlotte took this time to remind herself what it was she was fighting for. She needed medicine . Her body and mind was in chaos and the repetitive, menial tasks she was assigned were causing her ADHD to feel worse than she had ever known. She had her father to get back to, whose heart she had broken in her sacrifice, who she had to apologise to. She had to know whether Flynn was alive and she had to be home again. She had to be there, waiting, when Harry got back. She had to help the Order get Zara out.

As usual, they came to drag her out of the dungeon, but this time she was awake and ready, and walked out alone. They threw a bucket and a mop at her, and told her she was to dust the entire staircase, top to bottom then, the duster would transform into a mop. She was to clean all of the hardwood floors in the manor and await further instructions. She would get no further instructions from them.

By the time she was finished with the tasks given to her, the residents of Malfoy Manor and any guests would be preoccupied with lunch. Her plan was to simply walk out. Stealthily, of course. Charlotte supposed that if Zara had been able to do it multiple times over the years, so could she. And if she was caught... well, she was used to torture.

Charlotte got started on the grand staircase straight away, climbing to the very top and making her way down, dusting handrails and banisters and steps until she was halfway down the steps and she stopped dead in her tracks.

At the bottom of the staircase, was Theodore Nott. He had just entered the manor through the large white doors and Charlotte's heart skipped a beat as joy filled her when their gazes met. Then, she noticed the Death Eater stood to his left and a chain on his foot and her hope disappeared.

"Don't mind the muggle," the Death Eater said to him. "You may have met her. She was involved with Harry Potter, and friends with the caeci filth."

That was when Charlotte noticed a resemblance. Not a huge likeness, as Theodore had always looked more like his mother but enough that she could tell that the Death Eater by his side was Philip Nott. Theodore turned away.

"Well, I don't see how I would have met her," he said, quickly, and Charlotte's stomach twisted. Was he honestly denying their relationship? The look on his face was utter disgust. "I never associated with Muggles. And while I may have lost some dignity, I certainly wouldn't associate with Potter-"

Those were the words that threw her over the edge. She had heard many a bad word about Harry, about her love, but none of those came from anyone who's opinion mattered. And as much as she hated him in that moment, her brother's opinion mattered a lot.

"Don't you dare say a word about him," Charlotte shouted, as she made her way over to Theodore, until she was stood less than thirty centimetres away. "Don't you dare say a word about him in front of me! When things get tough, this is what you do? Cower away? Deny everything? Oh, I'll skin you alive you digusting, traitorous thing!"

Philip Nott was laughing, but Charlotte could barely hear him as rage filled her and she tried to decide which one of those cold blue eyes she would gouge out first.

"Every day," the Death Eater laughed. "Do you never learn?"

Charlotte was unsurprised when a familiar jinx hit her, sewing her lips together sending excruciating pain through her and she stumbled over a step in her effort to get away.

"Well, for once, it isn't wrong. What is a blood traitor doing in my home?" said the voice of Lucius Malfoy as he descended from the same steps, spitting into her hair. "Back to work."

"He's come to redeem himself," Philip spoke, and Charlotte's worst fears weighed even more heavy on her heart. She climbed backwards up the stairs, never taking her eyes off Theodore as she tried to convey utter wrath in her gaze with each shaky step.

This was war she supposed. Betrayal is war. And now, with the extra... business in the manor, her plan was ruined. Charlotte would have to stay in hell for one more night. 

.
..
...

Guess what idiot forgot she had prewritten chapters- me ffs I'm silly

QOTD: fave fragrance?
AOTD: still looking for my signature scent

-Amber.