§twenty seven§

"don't fall,
let me think it over,
how we gonna fix this,
how we gonna undo all the pain?

tell me,
is it even worth it,
looking for a straight line,
taking back the time we can't replace.

all the crossed wires,
just making us tired,
is it too late to bring us back to life?"

dear lacy,

today's your birthday!

you just turned 17. now i'm only one year older than you instead of two.

i gave you a stuffed monkey, a beauty and the beast choker, a blue and purple flower crown, and a book about unicorns, and you started crying tears of joy. you said this is the nicest gift you've ever gotten, and that the second best thing was a pair of ripped socks from your own draw. i just shook my head and hugged you. you kissed me on the lips and then sighed. "i love you," you said.

"i love you more than i've ever loved anybody," i said back. you kissed me again.

sadly, i think this was the happiest birthday you've ever had. but i'm glad i got to spend it with you.

-luke xx

ps,

yesterday you gave me an old stuffed animal of yours because it was given to you by your father. you said when he died, you got rid of everything he gave to you because when you looked at it, you cried. you said you just found this and you thought i would like it.

honestly though, i love it. penguins are probably now my new favorite animal. well, actually... they are.

pps,

goodbye hemmo1996, hello luke_is_a_penguin!

((I just brought in luke_is_a_penguin I'm crying omg

Also on top is a picture of like the saddest thing ever I c an t ))