§thirty five§

"This
Q U E E N
don't need a
K I N G."

dear lacy,

i got home late from writing songs for the newest album with the boys, and you were asleep.

you're cute when you sleep. but not as cute as you are when you're awake. your eyes glisten when they're awake, and you smile.

that's when i heard a buzz. it was a text from leo.

fine then. do you want to go tomorrow?

my eyes widened.

i picked up your phone and typed in the password (its ilovemichaelclifford69; i don't know why you never changed it when mikey stole your phone that one time) and looked at what you guys were saying back and forth to each other.

((Bold and italics is leo, underline and italics is lacy.))

hey. this is leo.

who tf are you?

you don't remember me? leo barren? your brother?

well, this must be the wrong number. that's not my last name.

but you're lacy vexenhan, right?

yes...

your mom is my mom. i have a different dad.

my mother never told me about you. but then again, she never talks to me about anything.

i know. that's why my dad took me when i have five and you were three.

i don't believe you. just because you know my name doesn't mean i know you. i'm dating luke hemmings. maybe you know me from him. is this a prank?

this is definitely not a prank.

then i need to meet you and see proof.

fine then. do you want to go tomorrow?

I looked you, sleeping beside me as i sat, going through your private messages. i shouldn't be doing this...

i tapped you. "lacy. wake up, sweetie."

you rubbed your eyes. "what..." you grumbled.

"you got a text from leo."

you instantly shot up. "what does it say?"

"'fine then. do you want to go tomorrow?'" i read aloud.

"no,"you answered quicker than i expected you to."t-tell him no..."you caught herself.

"okay..."i said, sending the message.

after that there was an unsettling silence.

"luke, he thinks i'm his sister,"you said suddenly. "can you please text him something saying it's you? and that he has to go away? please..."

i swallowed a lump in my throat and pushed myself under the covers with you. i laid down and pulled you closer to me. you sniffed and nuzzled your head in the crook of my neck.

"tomorrow, baby, okay? i'm tired..."

"okay..."you whispered, already drifting off to sleep.

i smiled lightly and closed my eyes.

i love you, lacy.

so,

so much.

much more than you'll ever know.

-luke xx