§thirty seven§

"You're beautiful,
Just the way you are.
You can't change the world,
The world will change its heart."

dear lacy,

today was the last day of 11th grade. just one more year of school before it can all just end.

i left early to help calum practice for his soccer game that's on tuesday. so when you came to school, i was surprised to see you crying.

i dropped calum's ball (this sounds very dirty I'm so childish lmao) and ran towards you.

"what's wrong? are you okay, lacy?!"

"n-no..."

"what happened?"

"she girl w-walked up to me and
s-said that i'm too ugly for a hot
g-guy like you and said o-one day i'll be gone and she'll b-be happy."

my eyes dilated. "who said this?"

"s-sara..."

i didn't know you knew about her, lacy. she wasn't an ex, but she was crushing on me for many, many years.

"sara gildman?"

"y-yes..."you sniffed.

"i'll be right back..."i said, shoving lacy into calum. you watched with red eyes as i walked over to sara.

she smirked. "glad you decided to leave that insecure whor--"

yup. i slapped her. you and calum, and about all of the kids in the hall gasped.

"WHAT?! what the fuck was that for, luke?!"

"it's lucas to you."

"w--"

"don't you ever FUCKING say that my girlfriend is a whore, and don't EVER say that she's insecure. only she could. sometimes, i don't even let her say that. if you want me to slap you harder next time, come the fuck at me. not lacy."

sara, and everyone else, looked shocked.

"but..."

"fuck off."

i turned around and looked at lacy. "come on, lace. let's get out of her presence." i grabbed your hand and walked off into our home room class.

when we got in, you started sobbing. when i asked it why, all you said was that they were happy tears.

i smiled and hugged you tight.

i wont let anyone ever hurt you, lacy.

not now,

not tomorrow,

not next year...

not ever.

i will always be right there beside you, lacy.

i promise.

-luke xx