§thirty eight§

"Your love cuts my heart with a
S L I C E,
But the taste of your lips, it's a sweet b u t t e r k n i f e."

dear lacy,

today is the first day of summer!

5 seconds of summer has been doing great, but obviously you know that.

you were still a little sad about what sara said to you. but i told you it was alright.

"why did you pick me?"you had said.

"because you're the most beautiful, interesting, wonderful person i've ever met,"i said truthfully.

"will you miss me when i'm gone?"

"i'll miss you more than anything i've ever missed before."

"luke?"

"yeah, lacy?"

"please, just promise me something..."

i looked down and then up again at you.

"lacy, are you okay?"

"yeah, um... it's just... luke. please. please remember me when you're famous..."

"oh, lacy! why would i ever forget your beautiful face? anyways, we're not getting famous. i think you're talking about the wrong band."

"i'm serious, luke. please don't forget me."

i looked into your eyes. "lacy, i will never forget you. no matter what."

you sniffed. "you sure? even with my insecurities?"

"you might have your flaws, lacy, but you're still a beautiful person."

you smiled. "i mean, i guess. i don't see what you see, is all."

i leaned in and tucked a strand of golden hair back in its place and kissed you softly. "i love you, princess. nothing could ever change that."

"i love you too, luke."

i love you more, lacy.

i love you more.

-luke xx