§thirty§

"Don't pay no mind to the
D E M O N S,
they fill you with
F E A R."

dear lacy,

today is april 19th, and i could proudly say that today is the two year anniversary from when i first lied my eyes on you. i know it's not our anniversary from when we started dating, because that was only a couple of months ago. i remember how your eyes always widened when i came near you. now, whenever i come near you, they glisten.

i handed you a wrapped gift. you looked confused. i guess you don't remember the days when you were scared.

but you smiled and opened it anyways. you gasped, tears forming in your eyes.

"you finally did it, luke! i'm so proud of you — oh my gosh, luke, i'm so proud of you..."

you hugged me tight, and in the school halls, too. it's not a first, but it's rare. people harass you sometimes about me and you, and you hate it. so you usually show me affection when we're not in school.

"i can't believe you and the boys made your first album! weren't you guys supposed to get it done when you were out of high school?"

"well, mikey dropped out about three weeks ago. and we've just had... more time. so we made an album."

it's called unplugged. it's not a studio album, but it's an album nonetheless. and you know what, lacy? i'm happy that you love it. even though you don't know what it's for, i'm happy that you love it.

-luke xx

ps,

hopefully the next album the band and i make,

it'll be a studio album.