three; unobtainable heart

tell me what's the point of doing this every night? what you're giving me is nothing but a heart, it's a lullaby gonna kill my dreams, oh.

"luke, you gotta try this drink," calum spoke with a smirk as he began to mix two beverages together, and the blond furrowed his eyebrows when he saw that it was sprite and beer. the combination sounded disgusting but the colour of the drink was no different, so luke watched as calum sloppily poured the sprite into the can of beer.

"that's gross, cal," luke laughed, his head starting to pound slightly. his eyebrows furrowed at the sensation before he took another swig of his own beer, then he blinked at the time on his microwave. it was nearly seven at night and luke had spent the entire day with calum, both of them wishing to get drunk. after watching movies half the day, calum wanted to practice his bartender skills, so the two got wasted and luke couldn't think properly anymore.

"have you seen my phone?" luke asked, putting down his beer and rubbing his temples stressfully. he hadn't seen his phone since calum had come over; his guess was that calum was hiding it from him or he had dropped it somewhere and forgotten about it.

"nope, i've hardly seen my soberness," calum laughed, but he finished making his drink and walked over to the couch. he sat down between two cushions and shifted around when he realised that he was sitting on something, "shit, i think your phone is under the couch cushions."

"toss it to me?" luke asked, holding his hands out in a sloppy gesture that showed he was ready to catch it. calum just laughed as his fingers curled around the thin phone, but his thumb accidentally touched the home button and the screen lighted up. his hazy brown eyes focused on the words and his eyebrows furrowed slightly.

"why did michael call you earlier today? is this michael clifford, or some other michael i don't know?" calum asked, sobering up a bit when he caught sight of a contact name 'michael' calling luke's phone from earlier in the day. luke's head snapped up lazily and he shrugged, hesitating before hopping up to sit on the marbled kitchen counter.

"can i have my phone?" luke whined, watching as his feet swung in midair. he was almost too tall and his feet almost touched the floor when he was sitting on the counter, so he bent his knees the best he could.

"hang on; he left you a voicemail," calum smirked as he unlocked his best friend's phone and went to the phone app, his thumb hovering over the voicemail tab. he tapped on the only new voicemail and put it on speaker, that way both of them could hear the voicemail at the same time.

"um, hi, it's michael. um, just wanted to make sure we were set for that time tonight? i'm not sure because my friend's coming over, so i just wanted to make sure that was a good time for you. um, okay, i'm ranting now. i guess i'll see you soon, then. bye."

"what's the meaning of this?" calum asked, sounding a little less drunk and a lot more annoyed. he easily recognised his best friend's voice and didn't appreciate the fact that luke and michael talked, or were apparently friends. calum did introduce the two months ago, but he didn't think that they would continue talking or anything, and he didn't want michael talking to luke. calum treated michael like a little brother whom he always protected, and luke was not the best influence on anyone.

"i've been fucking him the past couple weeks," luke shrugged like it was no big deal, "really, it's fine. he's okay with it and so am i; there's no problem here."