five; give me something please

before i slip under your sheets, can you give me something, please? i can't keeping touching you like this if it's just temporary bliss, just temporary bliss.

michael ended up forgiving luke easier than either of them thought. he couldn't get it out of his mind as he played against calum in the fifa game they were engaged in, resulting in calum beating michael in every round and bragging about it over and over. he didn't seem to notice that michael's head wasn't really in the game, and michael didn't have the heart to point it out.

after losing to calum the fifth time, michael had processed everything about luke over and lunged for his phone before calum could start a new game. he chewed on his lower lip as he went to his messages and tapped on his recent conversation with luke.

michael: i overreacted, i'm sorry. i should have asked before i kissed you.

luke: it's okay. wasn't a terrible kiss anyway.

michael: are we okay? i'd like to come over tonight, if that's okay

luke: sure.

"ooh, who are you texting?" calum questioned, his bright brown eyes flickering to the way michael's cheeks were a pale shade of pink as his thumbs worked across his phone screen. the faux blond's blush deepened as he shook his head and locked his phone, but calum wasn't satisfied, "mikey, who were you talking to?"

"nobody you know," michael lied, running some fingers through his hair before picking up the controller, "are we playing again?"

"didn't anyone teach you that secrets aren't any fun unless they're shared with everyone?" calum mumbled, not liking the fact that he was obviously left out before he put down his controller to stand up from the couch. he stretched out his long limbs briefly before walking over to the kitchen, looking to grab a beer can. michael frowned, his green eyes watching his best friend warily.

"cal, i think you may have a drinking pr–"

"why do you do it?" calum cut michael off, causing michael to furrow his eyebrows as he walked into the kitchen. the maori boy sighed as he watched michael sit up on the kitchen counter and give calum a confused look, "why do you hook up with luke?"

michael froze up, his legs pausing in midair. "um, did luke tell you?"

"no, i found out yesterday when i listened to the voicemail you left him," calum informed, causing michael to frown again. he looked down and picked at the material of his black skinny jeans, accidentally making the rip on his thigh a little bit bigger.

"i'm sorry if our situation is uncomfortable for you," michael muttered, stretching out his legs and toes as he snuck a glance at calum, who was leaning against the kitchen table and taking a sip from his beer can. the faux blond's frown deepened because he seriously thought that his best friend had a drinking problem, but calum would never admit to it.

"i guess it's not; it's just frustrating because you deserve a lot better than luke," calum pointed out, shaking his head slightly, "luke's practically a brother to me, so i know him real well, and i just don't think he's any good for you."

"please, i don't deserve more than luke," michael muttered, keeping his gaze down on his lap. calum scoffed at that and shook his head, growing somewhat annoyed with his best friend.