Chapter 2

Sakura woke up the next morning with red eyes. She had not gotten any sleep and had cried the whole night. As she stood up she quickly went to the bathroom to get ready for the day. As she looked in the mirror she gasped and tried to dull down the redness in her eyes. By the time she was ready, the redness had gone away but it there was still a bit left.

"Maybe, I should pretend I got a solo mission so that I won't have to go training with the team." Thought Sakura but then she shook her head, "No, Tsunade always alerts the sensei's if anyone's going on a mission...I wonder why my chest hurts..."

Sakura walked exceptionally slowly to the meeting place for team 7. As she saw the bridge she sighed and rubbed the last of her tears away, which she had not even noticed were falling. She walked, if possible, even more slowly. She saw Naruto and Sasuke on the bridge waiting. She felt anger when she saw them...but also despair...they reminded her of what had happened.

She walked on to the bridge and went to the railing on the opposite side of where Sasuke and Naruto were standing. She didn't say good morning to either of them. She rested her hands on the railing and looked at the dark sky. Kakashi had asked them to meet at 6:00am and since it was winter, it was still very dark.

"Morning Sakura-chan!" said Naruto while bounding over to her.

Sakura's eyes widened slightly before she thought, "...He said that I was weak as well..."

Sakura looked at him sadly before turning back to the sky. Naruto looked at her confused and said, "What's wro-..."

Kakashi-sensei appeared and Sakura turned away and she felt the pain in her chest become worse and her eyes widened slightly, "...Why does it hurt...Is it because of what happened..."

"Sorry I'm late; I got lost on the path of lif-..." Kakashi was interrupted by Naruto shouting, "Liar!"

"Well, anyway, today we're going to go train together." Said Kakashi while walking away.

Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura walked behind him towards the training grounds. Sakura walked slightly behind the other three. Whenever she looked at them, the pain in her chest would become worse.

An hour later, Naruto and Sasuke were fighting each other to test out how much they had improved.

"Okay, that's enough. My treat at Ichiraku's." Said Kakashi while walking.

Naruto ran after him and said, "You're the best, sensei."

Sasuke walked coolly behind them with his hands in his pockets, "...Hn..."

I ran after Kakashi and said, "But...what about me...sensei. Can I not train with someone?"

Kakashi looked at her and said, "Maybe next time Sakura."

Kakashi continued walking with Naruto running ahead and Sasuke walking coolly behind, but Sakura stopped. She stood there and felt tears sliding down her cheeks. She didn't wipe them away but instead she let them fall. "...It's...my fault...I made myself believe that what I heard was wrong...I changed it in my head...to something I wanted..."

Sakura turned in the opposite direction and walked away from them while wiping her tears away. She clutched at her chest again.

"Why is there always this strange pain in my chest...like...like a dull ache..."