Chapter 22

Sakura's eyes widened as she was pushed against a wall with her arms pinned to her sides.

The hands that were gripping her arms were very strong and her arms began aching.

"What are you doing?" she spat – although still whispering – to Madara Uchiha who stood in front of her.

"Trying to sneak off..." he whispered in her ear and she shivered, his voice disgusting her.

"Let go of me!" she said loudly hoping that Sasuke would wake up. Who are you kidding! This is a completely different Sasuke. I don't even recognise him.

"I don't know what Yuuki is planning...but if you have anything to do with it...I guarantee death." Said Madara lowly.

I closed my eyes. Focus, Sakura!

I released some of my chakra and made it as potent as I possibly could. I felt it slither down my arms and into Madara's hand.

He retracted his hands and cursed. He looked up at me and I saw his sharingan narrow with fury and I was shoved against a wall with his hand on my neck.

Suddenly she felt a sharp metal come between the two of them and she opened her eyes to see Sasuke's Kusanagi at Madara's throat.

Madara chuckled and stepped back, pushing the blade away.

"Calm down, Sasuke... I was merely giving the blossom a warning." Said Madara obviously amused.

He disappeared.

Sakura's back was still against the wall and she raised her hand to my neck and felt the bruises created by Madara's tight grip.

"You were awake the whole time weren't you...?" she questioned quietly.

Sasuke didn't say anything but instead he walked towards her as until he was in front of her with her back against the wall.

"Don't try to escape again." He said low and dangerously.

She bit my lip and looked away not saying anything.

Sasuke grabbed her chin and turned her face to look at him. His hands were rough and calloused, as she'd always imagined them to be when she was an immature girl.

She glared at him and he said, "Do you understand, Sakura?" said Sasuke. She shivered when he said her name. His tone was so velvet and smooth.

"What's with all the noise?" said Suigetsu grumpily. He saw the position Sasuke and I were in and raised an eyebrow saying, "Let me guess! You tried to escape or Sasuke here is finally proving that he is not gay...cause I kind of thought... "

She looked at him for a minute before bursting out laughing. Suigetsu grinned at her, happy that she was finally not glaring at him so much.

Sakura felt Sasuke's onyx orbs bore into her as she slipped out of her boots and into her futon.

Suigetsu fell asleep again quickly and she felt her own eyelids grow heavy.

Sakura yawned as she sat up in my futon. Nobody was in the room and she almost screamed in frustration. I'm starving and they leave me here randomly.

She stood up and went into the bathroom and stripped her clothing away before stepping into shower. The warm water helped her become orientated again and she looked around as if she had finally realised where she was.

I am stuck in an inn which is some place I don't even know and now I need to be the medic to a team that wants to destroy Konoha and my mentor is the reason I'm in this mess. What else could possibly go wrong?

She had been caught escaping last night and Sasuke's tone had told he that there would be no second chances. She groaned in defeat and leaned her forehead against the cool tiles in the shower.

What am I going to do?

Sakura walked out of the bathroom, fully clothed, and decided to see if there was a chakra barrier around the room.

She opened the door and waved a hand outside the room. She felt no barrier.

She smiled but then it faded as she thought that Sasuke would not be so careless. They were obviously expecting her in the restaurant downstairs or something.

She heaved a sigh and began walking downstairs. She arrived in front of the small entryway to the restaurant and she looked around her for a while. How easy would it be to take a few steps to the right, out of the inn and into the forest?

She looked around once more and took some tentative steps towards the exit but then as if out of nowhere Jugo appeared and looked at her almost guiltily as he nodded towards the restaurant.

She rolled her eyes and walked inside without another word.

She spotted the team sitting at the same low table they were sitting at yesterday. Sasuke on one side with Karin and Jugo either side of him. Sakura and Suigetsu sat down opposite them.

Once they sat down, Sasuke said, "Madara said that now is not an opportune time to attack Konoha. Another member of Akatsuki already did that, Pein."

Sakura's eyes widened and she looked up and said, "What?"

Sasuke narrowed his eyes at her and said, "Apparently Naruto turned up and killed Pein..."

Sakura smiled internally and barely heard Suigetsu, "The blondie?"

Sakura looked at Sasuke again and noticed that he was staring intently at her. She decided to do something ridiculously stupid and reckless.

"What are you staring at you bastard?"

Suigetsu, Karin and Jugo stopped what they were doing and turned to look at her wide-eyed.

Tsunade lay with the side of her face on some paperwork.

"Tired...?" said a voice from the window. Tsunade jerked up and began pretending to work with paperwork before she realised that she couldn't see anybody in the room. She turned towards the window and said, "Oh, it's you..."

"Glad to see that you're so happy to see me." Said the person slightly amused.

"So, what information do you have? I trust you have gathered more since your last visit." said Tsunade seriously as she wiped some drool from her mouth.

"I have!" Said the person as they dumped a pile of papers on to the desk, "She is in the hands of Madara now."

Tsunade nodded gravely and took the pile of papers.

The person headed towards the window and crouched on the window sill and was about to jump out the window before Tsunade said, "Look after her."

The person turned around revealing maroon eyes and nodded.