Chapter 26

Soooo...how long do you plan on locking me up and keeping me prisoner?" Sakura asked scathingly. It was midday, one of the few times she was allowed out of her prison cell. So maybe it was a well-furnished room, but who cares? They were still locking her up.

Sasuke had not come up to her 'prison cell' after she had told him that she would never heal him, two nights ago. She had seen him from her window, leaving the inn. What was he doing? He had been leaving frequently.

But he was here now.

She had not seen Suigetsu until now either. Jugo had escorted her downstairs by orders of Sasuke. Kind of pointless since he had not said a single word to her.

Winter was harsh this year. The ground was still decorated with snow, the trees sparse, but Sakura loved it. The snow covered the stains on the world, for it was tainted by war, blood, courtesy of the selfish, power hungry nature of human beings. The world's history would forever be poisoned by it.

The snow covered it all. It may still be there, underneath the pristine white cover, but it was not in sight and this was a relief for world wearied eyes.

Sasuke was training and ignored her. She grit her teeth. Nobody could comprehend how much she wanted to punch him right on his pretty face. But she had already tried and it had not ended well for her. Her face heated up when she thought about what had happened.

It did not help that she was mad at herself. The reason for this was that she had shows weakness in front of Sasuke. Something she never wanted to do. She had fainted, damn it! It was not exactly her fault, but still?! She should have realised that she had been injected by a sleeping concoction.

What a pathetic excuse for a Shinobi I am. She thought, bitterly. But she would fix this? After all, nothing was perfect, so she could fix it!

In the midst of her epiphany, she had completely missed what Karin had said.

"What?" said Sakura, sounding vaguely similar to a very confused Naruto. She instantly shook that thought out of her head. It was no good thinking about stuff like that.

Karin huffed, annoyed. "I said that you're stupid!"

"And why is that? Do tell." Sakura glared but coaxed Karin into explaining. What was the she talking about?

"Sasuke-kun never said that you couldn't walk around the inn. He only told you to not escape." Karin said, as if it was the most obvious thing and Sakura was a brainless idiot for not knowing.

That made no sense. Sakura had checked. There were chakra barriers around her room.

"If that is true, why are there chakra barriers around my room?" She questioned.

Sasuke stopped training with Suigetsu.

"What are you talking about? There are no chakra barriers around your room!" Stated Karin, sounding sure of herself.

"Yes, there are!" Sakura insisted.

"Well, Sasuke-kun didn't put them around your room. So, pray tell, who did?" Karin asked, sarcastically.

"I did." A voice said. Sakura rolled her eyes. Of course, who else?

She turned around to look at Madara, who had materialised beside Sasuke.

Sasuke had not even flinched at the sudden intrusion from an unwanted, at least in Sakura's case, guest. She glared at Madara. His one visible eye looked back at her, mockingly.

"I told you to keep your hands off of her." Sasuke said calmly, but with the sharpness of a deadly, poison embedded kunai.

"Indeed you did! But, you see, I was just afraid that the little blossom would escape. After all, she is intelligent just like Yuuki-chan!" His voice had reverted back to the immature, puerile tones of Tobi.