Chapter 23

Sakura felt a hand clamp around her wrist and she closed her eyes. When she opened them again she was in a room and against the wall.

"Why is it that I'm always in this position when I'm with you?" said Sakura, genuinely curious and slightly annoyed.

"Sakura, you are not in a position to act like this. Stop being foolish." Said Sasuke as he stood in front of her.

Sakura was not so stupid to not take his warning seriously but she couldn't help it. She just happened to gain a sarcastic attitude during her leave from Konoha.

"Wow! You spoke more than one sentence...so you're not emotionally constipated." Said Sakura and instantly clamped down on her tongue with her teeth to prevent herself from saying anything else that would result in her being killed.

Sasuke glared at her and leaned in and when his mouth was near her ear he said, "Don't forget where you are and who you are surrounded by." Sakura froze because of the close proximity.

When he pulled away she maintained a calm, blank facade which left Sasuke wondering why her lack of reaction annoyed him slightly.

Yuuki observed what was happening from a tree outside the window. She watched as Sasuke and Sakura appeared in the room, a few words were exchanged as Sakura was pressed against the wall and then Sasuke left.

She can't develop anymore feelings for the Uchiha. It will ruin everything I worked for to complete this task.

Sakura now stood alone in the room and she let out a breath that she had been holding in. Looking around she realised that the room she was in right now was her 'bedroom'.

She walked towards the balcony and sighed. She stared out of the window for a while and found her eyes fixated one spot which had caught her attention. A tree.

There was something different about it which sounded strange but nothing is to strange in the life of a ninja.

She also noticed that the tree was the perfect place to be able to see into the room she was currently standing in.

Sakura reached out with the intent of opening the window and going to that tree to inspect it, but as soon as her came into contact with the bottom of the window, she jumped backwards feeling as though an electric shock had gone through her entire body.

She clutched her hand which was still tingling and cursed a couple of times before staring back out the window at the tree. She glared at it for a while for no apparent reason and then flopped down on the ground.

She curled into a small ball and finally assessed her situation. She was stuck in the company of people that would not let her go easily; she had no chance of escaping with the chakra barriers around the room. She figured that the only way to escape would be when they began to move, but she didn't know when that would be. The only thing she could do now was wait.

Her thoughts strayed to Yuuki and her betrayal. Maybe if she hadn't left Konoha in the first place, she wouldn't be in this situation. As soon as the thought entered her head, she pushed it out knowing that now was not the time to dwell on the past.

She lifted her head and focused on the door opposite where she was sitting. Standing up, she walked over to the door and reached out, hoping that the chakra barrier was not on the door and at the same time she braced herself for the shock that may rattle through her if she even touched the door.

Surprisingly, when she touched the doorknob she felt no electric shock but the door would not open.

She sighed, ran a hand through her hair and then...gave the finger to the door. Yes, it was pointless but it gave her a small amount satisfaction to know that the door could do nothing back to her.