Chapter 5

Sakura looked up from the fire. It was around 5 o'clock in the morning and it was still snowing. She had been sitting and staring into the depths of the flames since she had come back from the lake. She had taken watch again which meant that she hadn't slept the whole night.

"It's not like I sleep anyway..." thought Sakura. Sakura had not been sleeping very often as the day she had been betrayed haunted her mind and prevented her from falling asleep. She was now taking tablets for energy.

It was still snowing. Sakura ate some fish that they had caught the night before and when she had finished she swallowed one of her tablets. She slipped the pack of tablets into her cape before Kakashi walked out of the tent. She looked at him and then turned back to the flames. Kakashi walked over to the fire and took some fish before sitting down to eat it.

"Sakura?" said Kakashi. Sakura turned to look at him sadly. She had been remembering when everyone had been calling her weak.

"You're actin-..." Kakashi was interrupted by a loud voice from the tent.

"Teme! I'm going to kill you!" yelled Naruto.

"...Hn..."

"You didn't have to kick me awake!" whined Naruto.

Sasuke walked out of the tent with Naruto who was rubbing his head.

Naruto and Sasuke took some fish and Sakura stood up and walked into the tent. When she was sure nobody was with her in the tent, she slipped the medical ninjutsu book out of her cape and stared at it before placing it in her bag.

Half an hour later they were all jumping through the trees. The snow was becoming very heavy and they all pulled their hoods up. After around 5 hours, the snow had turned into a blizzard. Kakashi pointed to a cave and they all retreated inside. Once inside Kakashi said, "We're going to have to stay here until the blizzard dies down."

Kakashi and Naruto left the cave t go and find some dry wood while Sakura sat down near the back of the cave. After 20 minutes, Sakura stood up and walked to her bag. She pulled out her pills while Sasuke looked out of the cave without even looking at her.

Sakura was sure he hadn't seen her and was just about to walk back to the back of the cave when Sasuke said, "...Those pills...why do you have them?..."

Sakura stopped and put the pills in her cape before turning around and saying, "What pills are you talking about?"

"...The ones that you just hid in your cape..." said Sasuke without even looking at her.

"He didn't even turn around..." thought Sakura.

At that moment Naruto and Kakashi walked in and set the dry wood down.

"All the wood was wet, so we had to find some dry wood which took longer." Said Kakashi.

Sakura walked to the back of the cave and quickly swallowed her tablet so that nobody would see.

A few hours later, they ate some food and Kakashi said, "We're going to have to take shifts."

Sakura looked up quickly and said, "I'll take first shift..."

Kakashi looked at Sakura strangely before saying, "Are you sure you can handle it Sakura? Last night was different because it wasn't snowing as heavy as it is now. If you take a shift now, you won't be able to see or hear any approaching enemy."

Sakura suddenly felt a surge of anger and she stood up and said, "Why? Do you think I'm too weak to handle it?" She turned around and walked to the front of the cave before sitting down. "Why did I say that? They're not supposed to know that I heard their...conversation...

they probably won't think that I heard their conversation anyway.

At the back of the cave Kakashi narrowed his eyes at Sakura as if he was trying to figure something out and Naruto looked confused. Sasuke looked at Sakura's back emotionlessly.

After half an hour, the snow blizzard had ceased and instead the snow was falling lightly from the midnight blue sky. Sakura lost herself in the stars and the moon, the flames of the fire casting shadows on her face.

A/N: PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE. I have a new idea for a story and I was wondering what you thought. So here is the summary for it.

Sakura is betrayed by her friends calling her weak. When she is crying near cherry blossom trees under the moonlight, Madara comes and tells her that if she comes with him, she can get her revenge on them. (Madara is not after the tailed beasts anymore, in fact he is finding other ways to gain power.) Sakura becomes Madara's apprentice and when she is 16, Sasuke fights and kills Itachi (like in the anime) and Madara tells Sasuke the truth about his clan and how Itachi killed them because of the elders. Sasuke joins (Naruto Shippuden episode 142) Akatsuki and when they are at the meeting table with Madara and Kisame, Sakura turns up with some top-secret papers and sees Sasuke...

A/N I'm going to finish this one first before I start on the next one.