Chapter 17

A couple of months later. Sakura and Yuuki were sitting at a restaurant and Yuuki broke the silence by saying, "I have received information from a reliable source saying that Uchiha Sasuke killed Orochimaru two days ago."

Sakura almost choked on her noodles in her hurry to say something. "W-what? What do you mean killed? Did he go back to Konoha?" hissed Sakura.

Yuuki shook her head, "He did not go back Konoha. I believe he is going after his brother, Uchiha Itachi. He had formed a team."

A part of Sakura ached when she heard that Sasuke had formed a team. What about me...and Naruto? We were his team first!

It sounded childish in her head. She stood up and left the restaurant. Yuuki watched as Sakura entered the forest and disappeared from sight. She followed an hour later.

She saw countless uprooted and snapped trees lying in the forest. A result of Sakura, obviously.

"From what you reported about the number of people, It's most likely the hidden leaf. Akatsuki always works in two-man cells." Said Sasuke while putting his cloak on.

"Which means an ambush would be a waste of time." Said Suigetsu.

"Exactly. Forget the Hidden Leaf." Said Sasuke.

"The what'll we do?" said Sasuke.

"Itachi is our only priority. Once we locate him, worst comes to worst, you three must stop the Hidden leaf. For now team Hebi will use the information gathered by Jugo, and check out Akatsuki hideouts one by one." He showed them a scroll with the Akatsuki hideouts marked on it.

"All right..." said Karin.

"Let's go."

Kiba faltered slightly and Naruto asked, "What's wrong, Kiba?"

"Shoot, Sasuke is starting to move!" said Kiba with panic evident in his voice.

"Let's hurry! Sasuke is going after Itachi!" said Naruto, picking up his speed.

"Hold it, something's wrong! Sasuke's scent is dispersing. Not only that, it's scattering in all directions!" said Kiba.

"He's on to us. Taking strategic action." Said Kakashi.

Yuuki burst into Sakura's inn room and said, "We're moving. Sasuke and the Konoha are heading this way!"

Sakura stood up, effectively knocking over a pile of scrolls in the process, "What? Are they together?"

"No! It seems that Konoha is chasing after Sasuke! Quickly get ready! We leave in 5 minutes!" said Yuuki.

Sakura nodded and gathered everything up before leaving the room.

She kind of wanted to confront them but at the same time she desperately wanted to avoid it.

A shadow stood behind a tree.

Naruto stood behind another tree, Who's that?

Then Naruto spotted the Sharingan. Sharingan? Sasuke?

The figure stepped out from the shadows.

Naruto's eyes widened, Uchiha...Itachi!

"Come on out...Naruto Uzumaki." Naruto came out from behind the trees, "You've come to capture me?"

"No...I didn't. I just came to talk to you.

Yuuki and Sakura leapt through the trees. Yuuki was a skilled sensor-ninja and she could feel Sasuke's chakra not far behind them. Far enough so that they weren't seen.