Chapter 16

Sakura had the sudden urge to kill Naruto when he awoke for calling her weak. This was the first time she had talked to him or seen him for two year, and over that time her anger had accumulated.

She pulled her ankle out of his grasp and began walking away. She heard a groan as he tried to sit up to fast and then she felt a hand on her shoulder. The grip was tight as if it was trying to see if she wasn't an illusion and that she was solid.

"S-Sakura-chan...Is that really you?" said Naruto as if afraid of the answer. Sakura turned around and was met with cerulean, blue eyes.

They were filled with an emotion that Sakura did not know and a flash of guilt snaked through her before she shook his hand off and said, "Don't touch me!"

She knew that her words were cruel but so were his words two years ago.

He deserves it! She continued telling herself that.

"But Sakura-chan...Im sorry Sakura, for everything I did! You have no idea how much I regret it now! I'm so sorry! Come home, please!" yelled Naruto despairingly.

Sakura looked at him coldly and said, "Naruto, tell me! That day that I left...Sasuke left as well. When you found out...you went after Sasuke didn't you?"

Naruto froze and looked at her as if he didn't know how to answer.

Sakura knew what he was thinking. It was as if she was making him choose...Sasuke or herself.

"I have no intention of making you choose sides. Go after Sasuke and leave me!" She wasn't asking him to stop looking for her, she was ordering him to. She knew that he never would leave her. After all Kakashi had taught them,

Flashback

"In the ninja world, those who break the rules are trash, that's true, but those who abandon their comrades are worse than trash."

Flashback

That is what they had done. They had abandoned her...their comrade. They may not have abandoned her physically but mentally, it was as if they had. Wasn't it only fair that she did the same? Could she not be selfish as well? Just once?

"Naruto, isn't it only fair that I abandon you. After all, you abandoned me. Didn't you? You betrayed me and because of that I betrayed the village." Said Sakura.

"You came here to look for Sasuke. So continue looking for Sasuke. There's no use wasting your time with me, after all, I'm useless on missions and I beat you up more than actually doing anything useful, Don't I?" said Sakura quietly.

Naruto opened his mouth but nothing came out. Sakura was using his own words against him. Serves him right!

Sakura was actually confused. She had wanted to see him for Naruto so long but when she did she could do nothing but throw cruel words at him.

Sakura began walking again and was pleased to see -and a little hurt- that he didn't try to stop her.

"Tajū Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!" Sakura heard Naruto yell.

Clones appeared in front of Sakura. "I'm not going to give up on you Sakura-chan!" yelled Naruto.

Sakura sent a small flow of chakra out from her feet, through the ground and into the clones bodies. They didn't seem to notice the small flow of black chakra making its way through their body.

Two of the Naruto clones formed a rasengan and ran at her. Sakura jumped backwards and landed behind a tree. Another clone appeared behind her and rushed at her with a kunai.

To everyone else it looked as though Sakura hadn't noticed the clone behind her, but she had. When the clone's kunai was a mere couple of inches away from her, she smirked.

The Naruto clones all collapsed on to the ground and began coughing up blood. One by one they disappeared.

"What?...How did you..." Naruto trailed off.

"Naruto, she used the same technique on Kabuto!" yelled Yamato.

"Do yourself a favour Naruto. Don't bother coming after me again! Humph...what's the point? You won't even listen to any of my warning! But do listen to this! Do not mention your meeting with me to Sasuke when you find him! He probably doesn't even know that I left Konoha! I'd like to keep it that way!" said Sakura.

She disappeared.

"Sakura!" Tears trailed down Naruto's cheeks, "I failed again..."

Sakura sat down with her back against a tree. "Amazing! I didn't even use too much chakra and that jutsu did so much damage to so many clones!" Sakura muttered to herself.

Sakura narrowed her eyes and took out a kunai.

Orochimaru appeared from behind a tree.

"What do you want?" questioned Sakura angrily.

"Ah! Sakura-chan, I just came to say goodbye! I already escorted Sai to the base! He didn't get much of a welcome though, considering that Sasuke-kun put a genjutsu on him!" said Orochimaru maliciously.

"I knew there was something weird about him!" said Sakura, not letting her guard down.

Sakura chucked the kunai at Orochimaru. She knew that it wouldn't do any good but it helped to cover up the confusion on her face.

Orochimaru dodged the kunai and said, "Yes! Danzou's really is an old rat, isn't he? Conspiring with the enemy for his own gain!"

"Get to the point already. What do you want?" snarled Sakura.

"Sakura-chan. I just wanted to talk! You definitely have grown from that weak kunoichi you used to be." Said Orochimaru.

"Cut the crap!" said Sakura, losing her temper.

"The time is approaching for me to use my take my next vessel, in other words, Sasuke-kun." Said Orochimaru licking his lips.

"Get to the point already!" said Sakura annoyed.

"Don't get in my way!" said Orochimaru.

He was about to leave but Sakura called out, "Wait!"

Orochimaru turned around.

"I'll make a deal with you!" said Sakura putting away her kunai. "I won't get in your way if you make sure that Sasuke doesn't find out about my leaving the village!"

Orochimaru laughed, "Well, well Sakura-chan! It sounds as if your afraid of being known as a traitor. I'll keep my end of the bargain!" With that said, Orochimaru disappeared.

Sakura grinned. Orochimaru may think that I didn't lose my loyalty. He's wrong...I've changed!